T-Mobile - T-Mobile is, for the most part, the best place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"T-Mobile is, for the most part, the best place to work."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

Pros

The full benefits for part-time and time off for school.

Cons

Although my store manager is supportive and respectful, our regional manager has been pretty disrespectful, treating the frontline employees almost like untouchable peons. I find it hard to not let that effect my confidence in sales.

Advice to Management

Many of your frontline employees are smart and driven. You can speak to them as any adults working together would, and not as a mother would talk to a misbehaving child. This is just a couple of people in upper management, though. The VP of my region, whom I met, was the most engaging and respectful person. Meeting her was inspiring to our entire store.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"4 yrs and no advancement"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Mentor, OH

Pros

you get paid three times a month. biweekly and then the commission check. The benefits are great. the employee plans are unbeatable and the discounts that the employees get are wonderful.

Cons

not enough chances for advancement. I have been there for 4 yrs and have had chances for advancement but have been outchosen by someone who is new to the company. There is a management program but I got bypassed by it beause I know too much and the program would be a waste on me. At least that is what i was told.

Advice to Management

better compliments on a job well done and better recognition

2. "Best place to work if you have the skills, but more importantly, the passion in helping people "stick together"."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you are willing to work and satisfy the needs of your customer base, then everything comes together in terms of making T-Mobile a wonderful work environment for both the employee and the customer. It is definitely a sales position that involves strong people skills, an ever changing learning curve, and holding strong ambassadorship to not only the company and what it stands for, but also keeping a positive outlook on day to day activities, schedules, and assigned goals. The compensation package is rewarding and based upon your competitiveness in the field and the benefits package is one of the best. Even part-timers receive full, if not, the vast majority of assigned benefits.

Cons

It is a very competitive work environment not only within T-Mobile but also outside of it versus the competition. You must be willing to do more than just take orders and help customers. You need to play a proactive role every day; not only in helping you achieve your goals, but also for your team and store quota. Although compensation is calculated at the individual level, bonuses are calculated at the team level so having developed co-workers is a huge plus as you will always see your counterparts monitor and mentor your success just as much as the management team does at the same token.

Advice to Management

Having a dedicated management team supporting you every time day in and day out is key to building a strong knowledge base. And bringing that knowledge to the table allows you as an individual to bridge the gap between company and customer. Confidence is key to both your customers and your team in helping build solid relationships that demonstrate the care and level of service that T-Mobile provides as a company.