T-Mobile - Good learning experience with a lot of pressure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Good learning experience with a lot of pressure"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You really learn a lot on this job customer relationships, sales, tech support, corporate systems etc. It also looks much better on a resume and can lead to better work than many types of traditional retail. Training is extensive and everyone is also very helpful fostering learning on the job.The perks are unbelievable for a part time job. Excellent full medical benefits with PTO, massive 75% discount on cell phone plans, even discounts with a huge variety of services from airline tickets to cars. The pay is also fantastic for the minimal amount of experience they require to be hired.

Cons

There are some pretty major cons. Like any sales job there is huge pressure to meet numbers. Here though they sometimes seem a little arbitrary and unrealistic. Without going into detail you are often pushed towards some morally suspect tactics and gaming the system to make sales numbers with the excuse that everyone does it. This only makes things worse since management sees this says oh numbers are great lets raise them. Then you are right back where you started relying on more poor tactics. There is also the feeling that management is baby sitting employees (enforcing little useless rules) rather than helping them improve or make goals. This goes all the way up through the management structure with each level nagging the one below.

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals that don't require loose morals to succeed. Continue with great training and benefits. Make employees feel more like contributing members of the team rather than herding them through sales numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Good benefits"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and PTO accrual.

Cons

None important enough to deter someone from applying.

2. "Awful Place to Work For."

Pros

My 5 words: This is a awful company.

Cons

Everything you can think of

Advice to Management

For the record, I just want to say that T-moble is the worst company and possibly on the planet. Don't ever apply there. You can thank management for that. They have run the store i worked at into the ground. The sales people are great and I enjoyed working with them at least. If you want to work there go ahead but if you do something wrong, they make you write an essay. What are we 12? They don't work with you and they cry when they don't get there way. They also throw little hissy fits every day. Ever heard of feedback? They haven't. Matter of fact, they don't work at all. They would rather sit in the back and play games on there phone all day or watch soap operas. If any store needs to be stripped of the management and bring in new people, thats the store. I could go deeper into this but this is enough of a blast right now. I wish I could still contact HR and talk about how awful the management is in that store. Worst company ever.