T-Mobile - Pretty Good Part-time Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Pretty Good Part-time Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty relaxed place to work if you meet your quota. They had a pretty good employee discount plan plan when I worked there. $10 bill each month and discount phones.

Cons

The upper management are idiots. But as long as you had a cool store manager your good.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Good job for college students"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can make as much money as you can. always have contests to win casg, gift cards, or phones/electronics.

Cons

the commision structure has gone down alot in the last year. you will need to work extremely hard to make at least 40k

Advice to Management

difficult to move up in management. bery political and favorites are always looked at first

2. "Great employer most of the time!"

Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The health benefits are great. Generous PTO accrual rates, discounted employee cell phone service and 401K matching. I'm not providing my city because there is only one store in my city and it would identify who I am based on my length of employment and job title however the things that I discussed throughout this review are the same across the company.

Cons

Servers that the company uses are outdated and often crash making it impossible to do your job. Working retail hours and not being allowed to sit make T-mobile unpleasant. T-mobile loves to change the commission structure frequently depending on what they want you to focus on selling. Sales goals are often set much higher than what is achievable, and then T-mobile will change it several times during the month to be what it should have been from the start of the month.

Advice to Management

Upper management makes ridiculous policies and expects the stores to follow these policies. Upper management needs to actually work in the stores to understand retail procedures and the work flow and how their ridiculous policies negatively impact the front line. Don't penalize stores for things they can't control like returns on defective phones that won't turn on and they can't troubleshoot.