T-Mobile - Retail | Glassdoor

"Retail"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for someone with no higher Ed. As long as you like to talk to people and don't mind getting yelled at by customers from time to time.

Cons

Retail hours, meaning not set schedule, holidays, weekends. I would suggest working her to get through school then move on afterwords.

Advice to Management

None at this time

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

"Great Benefits and Pay Terrible Schedules"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great insurance benefits. The pay is great for not having a degree of any sort

Cons

Schedules change every 4-6 months based on stats, and if you have one bad month you end up getting a crappy schedule. And when you have a terrible schedule they are not very inclined to work with you to accommodate for school.

Moving up in the company is incredibly hard unless you are "in" with the right people. Speaking of being "in" with the right people, like any call center, it feels like you are back in high school. Listening to your managers talk with each other about getting drunk and being broke all the time because they go out too much, when they are supposed to be professional and responsible in front of their reps, puts a bad taste in my mouth. I think the environment was far too relaxed at points.

Let's get started on the metrics you have to meet. They are all based on your customers: the survey score they give you and if they call back or not within the next 3 days. It's hard to control these things when there are outages and all around crappy cell service issues that infuriate the customer. No matter how nice you are, the survey is going to be bad. The other metrics, like call time, are easy enough to control.

I've worked call centers for years and have never had more stress than I've had here. They pay you more than any other call center around, so when you have no degree it's just enough to keep you there.

Advice to Management

Training BEFORE new services or devices come out would be super beneficial to your reps

2. "Best, most flexible company to work for"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission is the best, if you try you make money, if you slack you still make money, best mobile company and customers know it.

Cons

the commission has gone down a bit from before.

Advice to Management

Management is great, if its bad, its really bad.