Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Marketing Group

Oct 29, 2014 - Director CRM in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

T-Mobile is taking some bold and aggressive moves to turn the company around; leadership built the new strategy and is committed to execute it. The new CEO is visible and entertaining in regular town-halls and a media obviously loves him. The org is not really flat but roles and responsibilities are pretty clear, in general everybody knows what his or her job is and what goal they have to achieve. Most roles give you room to shape your topic and try things out, not just execute. T-Mobile is very insights and numbers driven, if you know how to build business cases and can tell a story people will listen and you have the chance to land things and drive impact. If you like a dynamic, fast paced environment, T-Mobile is definitely the right spot for you. Hard to hide, managers will give you challenging tasks and do regular check-ins. I have seen several promotions, had the chance as a manager to promote folks from my team as well. T-Mobile offers trainings but you really learn the most on-the-job.

Cons

T-Mobile is trying to change the market and is also changing internally quite a bit. They bought and integrated Metro PCS. Re-orgs every 6-12 months are common. T-Mobile is constantly talking to potential buyers (ATT, Sprint, Iliad), Pretty much everyone got stocks when TMO went public, a lot of folks are only staying hoping for the big exit. Especially true for some VP and SVPs. So you could meet folks that are more hedging than willing to lead and be innovative. Also means you have quite some politics in some areas. Office culture is 9-5 or longer and a lot of manager want to see and be seen around. Not a lot of folks I met could leverage home-office. Benefits are still ok but were reduced. They took away the free soda. Only have a small cafeteria in the Bellevue HQ.

3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best years of my life

May 10, 2021 - Signature Associate Manager in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits pay people growth development

Cons

Retail life is hard to manage

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company to work for

Mar 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training and "green days" to work on training courses online, team activities for teambuilding, excellent benefits including up to a 10% yearly bonus (merit-based), tuition reimbursement, extra insurance options besides health insurance (pet insurance, free life insurance up to 1.5x yearly salary), stock purchase options and yearly stock award to each employee. One of my favorite benefits is job swaps - so long as your manager clears it, you can swap jobs with an employee from another related department for up to a couple months to gain insight and experience into what the other department does from day to day. I left my last company as it had become a bad environment, and after joining with T-Mobile I realized it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. There are very few days where I wake up not wanting to go to work, and I learn something new every day. When I come across a process I'm not familiar with, my teammates are more than happy to provide on-the-spot training, or schedule a time that works for both of us to do so. Above all, the managers set you up to succeed rather than to fail - they want you to do well, and do everything in their power to make sure you have the tools to do well.

Cons

There's some of the same political bs that any company has, but my team has two excellent managers that make work enjoyable. There are a couple personality issues within the team, as happens with any job, but overall everyone gets along. As far as training goes, there wasn't a whole ton initially (though I believe it's more due to the nature of the job - it's impossible to condense everything into a couple week training course).

179 people found this review helpful

T-Mobile Response

Associate Program Manager, Talent Attraction

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this -- we love hearing how much you love coming to work! Your words were spot on when you said your team wants you to "do well". That's exactly what we want for all of our team members! The nature of our business is constantly changing and we know how important it is to provide good benefits and equip you with the training and development you need to be successful. We're glad you're taking full advantage of all of it. As we continue to grow and evolve, so will our training and tools. If you ever feel like you're not getting enough of what you need, though, talk it over with your manager and they'll help you get back on track. Thanks again for your feedback and your dedication to T-Mobile. -- T-Mobile Careers Team

Discover more reviews about T-Mobile.