T-Mobile - Great place to work for a "work-life" balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Great place to work for a "work-life" balance."

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - National Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

Pros

At T-Mobile I've been promoted within several times. I worked hard to get to my position, and I was awarded with promotions. My managers have always been fair, and let me own my work.. and not micro manage. I enjoy everyone on my team, and everyone treats eachother well. Ok to work from home if needed, and very flexible.

Cons

There are a lot of slackers at T-Mobile, and people get away with it. I don't think folks at an equal level are held to the same standards. Direction of goals constantly change and I feel like I'm always scrabbling to do the "focus goal", and then it could change. Quotas are not fair... they will give you 3 month rolling average, and then a 30% increase YOY.

Advice to Management

Measure similar jobs with the same ruler. Don't award people just because they are in the inner circle. Stay consistent with your message, and promote within. I was fortunate to be promoted within, however many people feel like all T-Mobile does is looks for outside candidates.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "Ok Place To Work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Lakeland, FL

Pros

T-Mobile has awesome health, dental, vision and phone benefits, some what flexible in scheduling, access to latest phone technology, commission would be great in a busy store.

Cons

Working in a kiosk in a mall, working with very unprofessional sales associates, no ability to really set availability, popularity contest to transfer to busier stores.

Advice to Management

Managers should really get to know their employees and actually enforce the rules and reprimand employees when needed. Too many employees don't work and make other employees' jobs hard.

2. "T-Mobile's Frontline"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits package and I get a lot of great devices to keep as my own. Nice!

Cons

Bottom of the scale pay when compared to industry standards.

Advice to Management

Speak to RSAs as well as RSMs to discover what's happening in retail stores.