T-Mobile - Best Place to Work | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best Place to Work"

Former Employee - High Volume Retail Store Manager in Shaker Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Incredible leadership and fun environment with incentive to exceed performance goals. Outstanding benefits and a true team/family atmosphere. Truly an amazing company to start or continue your career with.

Cons

Advancement sometimes does not hinge on skill set or performance. TO be honest, this is a pain point of working with in telecom. Growing your career a lot of times comes down to "who you know"

Advice to Management

Nurture your loyal and consistent performers. Far too many times I've seen great talent(myself included) walk away for a greater role that could have been a win win for both parties had you chose to promote from within.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Summer Well Spent"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned at T-Mobile FSC (headquarters in Bellevue WA) the summer of 2015 and I honestly cannot think of a better place to spend a summer learning and networking. T-Mobile is an exciting and highly accessible company to be an intern. What I mean by accessible is that I felt like I could email / hangout / chat with anyone with an executive title including the CEO. Every week someone from the Senior Leadership Team would meet with the intern program over lunch and talk about their position, their career, T-Mobile as a company, and answer any of our questions. This is truly astounding for a company the size of T-Mobile. The program also pays for housing over the summer so if you're from anywhere in the country / world there is no excuse to applying and experiencing such an amazing internship program.

Cons

Commuting in Seattle can be difficult and tiresome, but the program does give bus passes to all interns.

2. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

T-Mobile is consistently growing and innovating. When I first started with the company, sales and morale was on the decline and many employees were looking elsewhere for employment. Currently, they've gone from number 4 to number 3 among the nation's national carriers. That's no small feat and displays the growth that this company is experiencing. There are a lot of good things about this company and I know it'll continue to impress. Upper management is on the ball and always looking for ways to improve the quality of service and remain competitive. Ingenuity and T-Mobile seems to go hand in hand.

Cons

There are so many plans and features that it can become exhausting and almost impossible to keep up with. Holding associates accountable for a relatively new add on is sometimes difficult because of the amount available and similarities between each one.
     It is an extremely political environment; it doesn't matter your accomplishments; what you've done to improve a store, your here today and gone tomorrow. There is no employee loyalty; there is so much favoritism that working there could be sometimes uncomfortable due to how obvious it is. If they choose to terminate said employment, it won't be hard and ANY little thing would suffice. Just be sure to cater to your DM and keep in mind no thing is to small for them to let you go. The only employees some what safe are the associates (sales reps), as it seems to take much longer to terminate a bad seed, than a proven, seasoned manager.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure if there is any advice that can be given that the company hasn't heard already. Working here was a rollercoaster of both good and bad moments. If there is two things I could recommend it more accountability for associates and eliminate the doors that open the channels to favoritism among DM and management roles.

Discover more reviews about T-Mobile.