T-Mobile - Its what you make it!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T-Mobile

"Its what you make it!!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Benefits, pto, commission employee phones, free phones, winners circle, extra bonuses incentives

Cons

Managers can be obnoxious. Fraud!! Messes up commission and makes it seem as if your a part of it.

Advice to Management

R e S p E c T..... Find out what it means to me.

Other Employee Reviews for T-Mobile

1. "They say living the values, but its' just written words on a paper"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

One thing I completed enjoyed about my time working for T-Mobile is their benefit package. Offering medical, dental, vision, a good 401K match, short & long term disability for a reasonable price.

Cons

I will end by say this...."Living the values" is a slogan only. Inconsistent management, HR is questionable at best, not a positive experience. Great people worked there in my time but they have moved on due to management running rampant on employees.

Advice to Management

Have upper management supervise their D.M.'s on the retail side more strongly. If this company believes in "Values", show it when your employees are coming to staff with internal issues.

2. "Good place to work; poor place to grow"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Denver, CO

Pros

It's easy money. A slightly above average sales rep can easily make $40,000+ per year. If you really apply yourself you can make 50,000+ in a medium volume store, and 65,000+ in a high volume store. Benefits are great with health, dental, vision, child care reimbursement, educational reimbursement, 401k, and life insurance packages.

Cons

Job gets redundant and it's easy to get burnt out if you let the redundancy get to you. it's also a very confusing industry for customers. Part of the redundancy is trying to explain how the industry works to a customer (IE: Their upgrade eligibility, activation and upgrade fees, what is/ isn't covered by their warranty, etc.)

It's not the best place to grow professionally. What once used to have a small company "family' feel to it has turned in to the typical micromanaging corporation. They seem to be more interested in knowing that you will do what they say instead of what makes the most business sense.

The only way to get promoted is to not have your own opinion about anything, and agree with everything corporate says. Usually the person with the brownest nose wins the promotion. I've seen really cool people turn into people you can't stand being around once they've been promoted because they are trained to micro manage and focus on things that do not drive business or increase the bottom line. I attribute this directly to why this company is failing and is dire straights to sell to one of it's biggest competitors.

Advice to Management

Let your sales reps be sales reps instead of robots who are expected to carry around clip boards and make sure everything is stapled correctly.

You really should start promoting based on performance, experience, tenure and potential, instead of who can send out the most brown nosing emails every month.

If you want to BE different from other carriers, then we need to DO things differently than other carriers. Get rid of things like upgrade fees that make customers feel like they are getting ripped of. Loosen up on phone upgrades and bill credits for out of the ordinary overages on bills, especially for our long term customers. We need to make our customer feel like there is no where else they would rather be.....

Although none of this really matters since you have already thrown in the withe towel to AT@T