T. Rowe Price - Supervisor Role | Glassdoor

"Supervisor Role"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provided strong initial training and ongoing training. Good networks. Decent benefits. Friendly environment. TRP "nice".

Cons

Pay- new payroll tax is highly affecting an already unpaid staff. Management works endless hours to meet the demands of the business and increasing items coming down and pay does not keep up. OT used much more frequently and supervisors must be here for coverage and not get paid for more and more time. We are also expected to be here weekends, holidays, January 1st. We keep getting asked why associates don' t want to be seniors/supervisors, well most of us don't want to stay in a management role. The money is not worth the hours and the stress, the lack of life work balance and it only gets worse as you move up. I barely see my friends anymore.

Advice to Management

We need help from senior management. I grew up here and something is just fundamentally different. Please look critically at this business. Ask questions to those on the frontline- those who really care about the integrity of the business and the people. Us supervisors look at associates as people not IDs. We know there names and hear them. We know efficiency is important but even at our level understand the cost of turnover recruiting and the value of retention, which is a challenge here.

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price