T. Rowe Price - Still Hope | Glassdoor

"Still Hope"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Supervisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people to work with, great licensing opportunities, and great place to learn the industry. Excellent investment philosophy, doesn't do lay-offs to manage budget, and a debt free company. Great location with amenities like gym, cafe, basketball court, and social networking events.

Cons

Halo affect galore in some areas (RDS), success is measured by social networks overpowering actual work. Very occupied with putting small fires out versus fixing the root issues. Not really competitive pay and while feedback is encouraged it is rare to find someone who provides tangible feedback.

Advice to Management

Stop top down management style in operations. We are making decisions that do not involve the associates closed to the process. This helps with moral issues and gets the fixes right. Measure a supervisor on the morale and development of the team not who is in your office the most. Coaching and development stop at Supervisor level. If you want supervisors to effectively coach and development GM's need to be coaching and practicing it with the supervisor teams. We are also failing to attract and retain talent because of burn-out and lack of follow through on objectives. There are some of us holding on by a thread hoping it will turn around. Look for us and fairly evaluate our work and leadership skills soon. Please. This is a good company and it will be heart-breaking if it continues down the path it has taken in the last 3-5 years. The core values are why we still fight.

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Everything, location, benefits, co-workers, environment

Cons

traffic, heat, location, traffic cops

2. "Good place to work but limited opportunity in Tampa office"

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

client focused, needs based sales environment. managers are fair and supportive and encourage collaborative culture

Cons

limited career advancement opportunities and low to average compensation