T. Rowe Price - Investment Counselor | Glassdoor

"Investment Counselor"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great mutual funds, great company culture & great benefits!!!!

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to advance in positions other than management or on the phone. Pay is not great.

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Performance based and are recognized for your hard work.

Cons

Very corporate and conservative and stuffy.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more often.

"Couldn't leave fast enough"

Former Employee - Investment Specialist
    Former Employee - Investment Specialist

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, You learn a lot about personal finance

Cons

Working in a call center is hard no matter where you are but the environment that this company has created has contributed to more than 20% of the Sales department leaving in the last 6 months. You are over worked and under valued. The micro management is so extreme I've heard someone coached to sit up straighter. You clock in and clock out and every single minute of your day is monitored. There is NO work/life balance. You will have to work weekends and don't even think about getting time off unless you ask 2/3 months in advance. I worked there through 3 holiday seasons and never once got off Christmas Eve or Black Friday off through their "lottery" system. Middle management is rampant with some of the most incompetent people I've met in the industry and like stated in previous posts is very political. Bonus' are not competitive and don't expect a pay increase of more than 2%. There is very little opportunity for advancement outside of a call center position if that is where you started. It doesn't help that they just closed almost all of their branches. Overall I would not recommend staying at this company for my longer than a year.

Advice to Management

This is to the GMs and the DMs. You NEED to value your employees more. You're losing your most talented employees and hiring less qualified less intelligent people to talk on the phones. Do you see the problem, especially since you decided to have this be the only venue for investors? Your hiring people that can't even obtain their licenses. Focus more on retention of EMPLOYEES not just investors. Also if you really expect USM to work you better start loosening your pockets. How can you honestly expect an employee to do 4x the work for a $1000 pay increase?