T. Rowe Price - Things have changed | Glassdoor

"Things have changed"

Current Employee - CPS Associate in Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - CPS Associate in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top rated mutual funds, opportunity to learn and be connected to the market and broaden your financial knowledge, strong customer focus, pretty good company benefits, great campus and opportunity to get involved in activities if i you want to.

Cons

Pay is low, staffing seems to be very tight and is constantly supplemented with associate OT, causing all of us to work more and more as spots are left open longer and longer and or just not filled. Impact to ability to have appropriate work life balance. Less and less development due to this tighter staffing model, as we have to be processing or on the phone. Supervisors and GMs are younger and younger and have less and less experience. Appears to be a shift in what they are looking for or possibly why some are leaving certain areas at a rapid pace. We are losing a lot of talented associates and leaders and backfilling with those with little experience leading. Less experience does not prepare them for what is needed in these roles and the challenges that are presented with an unstaffed work force and changing demands of increased customer expectations. Often, being in a supervisor role for 2 years has not prepared them to support supervisors for difficult customer situations we are seeing and escalating. Historically, I would see supervisors with more years of experience and who had worked in various groups move into these roles. Now, people are being promoted after 1-2 years and it is showing to us associates, as they cannot support us, or their broader leadership team. GMs are not holding supervisors accountable for associate development or engagement. Not sure what they are doing most of the time...

Advice to Management

Look closer at open positions and the impact it has on those working directly with customers. What is the risk of leaving them open for so long? Also, why are so many people and leaders leaving from certain areas? Why won't good leaders come in and fill open spots? I have been here for some time and am well aware even as an associate what is going on and know we need CEO intervention to help get us back where we were. We used to be a great place to work and people wanted to work a few years back. Please bring us back before everyone leaves. Help!!

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

"Great place to work really laid back!"

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Department dependent, work is very relaxed and moderately difficult. Working environment is also very satisfying. Benefits are great as well. most associates stick around and return for it.

Cons

Subject matter can sometimes be boring for software engineering. Pay is below average and most of the staff is in their mid 30's to there early 40's. If you love technology I would suggest a more technology focused organization. TRP is lagging in a lot of cutting edge tools and software. Although things have been changing drastically within the last two years or so. So dont allow that to ruin your perspective.

Advice to Management

Get more active in whats going on. Stop hiding behind your desk.

"Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ok benefits and a nice campus

Cons

No opportunity for growth unless you know someone