T. Rowe Price - Over worked and under paid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for T. Rowe Price

"Over worked and under paid"

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Owings Mills, MD
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company with very few lay offs and they do a lot of work with the community and ask for volunteers for a variety of things.

Cons

No balance between family life and work, the pay is very low compared to other mutual fund companies, and its hard to advance to other positions.

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

"What's wrong with me now is absolutely correct"

Current Employee - Retirement Specialist - In Plan in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Retirement Specialist - In Plan in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than a year)

Pros

recession proof employment, unless the market were to dive like in 2008 you'll pretty much always have this job as long as you can tolerate it

Cons

EVERYTHING - the writer who posted "what's wrong with me now" got it spot on ! ....In PSC we are constantly micromanaged!. There are only two types of employees at TRowe; those who are under the bus, and those who are constantly throwing you under it. The only incentive to hit numbers and meet metrics is so you can stay out of trouble, but given that all mistakes are blamed on the front line customer facing phone reps that's pretty next to impossible. Supervisors are a special kind of absent, when they are around they are too busy to help you, but instead will sit at their computers and stalk your online activity. The only thing that matters to anyone with a title is answering as many calls as possible, not that they would actually log in and assist with that effort. This is all they know. When it comes to solving problems you will dismissed and told to ask someone else. It''s bad. General managers - another very elusive bunch. Not accessbile, not accountable, not concerned with the welfare or morale of the workforce that takes the brunt of all the stress both externally from clients or the ridiculous demands forced upon us. If you like "don't question a thing" dictatorship style management you've found the place. If you want to be valued for your work and compensated fairly seriously reconsider working here. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

What can really be said that you'll actually do anything about ? How about hiring Gallup to anonymously poll your employees in the participant service center - now there's some advice ! I dare you --- while you're at it,, enough with mandatory overtime no one wants - stop it. We're worn out, burned out, exhausted !

"What's wrong with me, now?"

Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, but not as good as they used to be.

Cons

STRESS factory. The place, literally, made me sick!

Advice to Management

Get some training, middle managers, on how to avoid group-think. Also, tell your GMs not to lie about policies when questioned by floor reps, thus throwing them under the bus with DMs I'd love to name names, but T Rowe would probably file suit. It's gotten worse, from what other former employees tell me. I'd never recommend T Rowe to anyone as an employer--except as a stepping stone to better things. I'd advise newbies to let T Rowe pay for their licenses, and then JUMP SHIP!