T. Rowe Price - Nice work-life balance | Glassdoor

"Nice work-life balance"

Current Employee - Mutual Fund Accounting Associate in Owings Mills, MD
Current Employee - Mutual Fund Accounting Associate in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

Once you leave, you leave. No taking your work home with you.

Cons

Overstaffed, small pay raises and bonuses, low quality training for new employees

Advice to Management

Find better on the job trainers! Higher pay to lower your turnover rate!

Other Employee Reviews for T. Rowe Price

1. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Fund Accountant in Owings Mills, MD

Pros

Great entry level job. I got hired straight out of college for a $40k+ job that is great experience and a great resume builder.

Cons

Only downside that I have seen is that there is an abundance of young people which gives it the feel of a high school. In short it doesn't seem like many people stay with the company for their entire career.

Advice to Management

The benefits are good but could be better. I think employee stock options instead of an employee stock purchase program would be a better boost to morale.

"2 1/2 Years in Hell"

Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Investment Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

If you're fresh out of college and want to get into the financial industry this would be a great place to start. They will cover the cost of your licensing teach you about mutual funds and annuities. They will help you obtain your series 7, 63 and 65 or 66 (combo 63/65). The benefits are great, and they pick up a lot of the cost of your health insurance premiums.

Cons

If you are over 45 years of age, forget advancement. It's a 20 -30 something company if you're re-inventing yourself. Lower and middle management is immature and inexperienced. Last week's process was A, this week's is B. Communication is so poor, you'll only find out about B because you're getting written up about still performing A. Innovation on the bottom ranks is not rewarded, and sometimes presented to upper management with the lower supervisor's name as the originator.

Advice to Management

They asked me this question when I resigned and my answer was, "If you really cared, you would have listened to me while I was there." OK, so here's my answer: Hire Michael Gerber of E-Myth to repair and integrate your broken systems. Hire Jack Welch to teach your middle and lower management how to get your employees to grasp your vision, take ownership and run with it. Let your employees take calculated risks. Reward, don't punish innovation and you'll find your turn over greatly reduced and employee morale up.