TAL Group - Honestly the WORST place to work ever (go on LinkedIn and email anyone who ever worked there) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TAL Group

"Honestly the WORST place to work ever (go on LinkedIn and email anyone who ever worked there)"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - IT Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

- High turnover results in junior members to have access to all clients (the best and the worst)
- Location is great (Downtown Toronto)
- The team itself can be very collaborative as the turnover is high enough that most of the team is new

Cons

- Base is low ($25,000 to $35,000 base) OR draw against commission
- Management is overaggressive and there is no HR department to report to
- Stealing candidates and clients and in-house fighting is the norm
- 30 day turnover (over 25 people left in the 26 months I was working there)
- USE LINKEDIN (don't take my word for it-- contact someone who has worked there-- out of the 50 people listed on LinkedIn in Toronto maybe half are still employed and most move onto bigger firms such as Hays or Manpower.

Advice to Management

Eventually the decent talent you have will leave you and you'll be stuck. NexStaff has been around since 1999 (same year as you) and they have 100+ recruiters. You have less than 10. There's a reason after a decade of being in business you still work out of a single floor of a building.

Other Employee Reviews for TAL Group

1. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Location is awesome and is a Yonge competitive environment.

Also there is a multicultural environment with a good number of women representation.

Owners are not as bullies as described in other reviews. They joke a lot yes and their sense of humor let's say is obscure but very FUN.

They are very close to all employees. If you are very sensitive probably is not the company for you.

They make jokes but allows other people to joke with them as well. They won't be offended.

Cons

Salaries are not the best

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees needs. Tal Group can be way better if you do. There's a lot of talent on the company

2. "Great name is stand behind!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great company culture
    - You get help from every member on this team
    - Honesty
    - In regards to the actual work TAL does, TAL is amazing in IT recruitment and finds those niche talent that even the bigger sized recruitment agencies can't.
    - Monthly raffles
    - Monthly Lunches / Weekly treats
    - Coffee machine
    - Very respected name in the industry
    - Great location (heart of Downtown Toronto)

Cons

I'm not even saying this because I'm a current employee but there is no Con's I can think of. My teammates are amazing and helpful. I have a great manager/boss that is fair and wants to see you succeed. We have an amazing marketing manager that not only helps our showcase our company/jobs the proper way but holds great company outings. The only Con I can think of is that I live a bit far from work, so in the winter is brutal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working. You know when you wake up in the morning and it doesn't even feel like work, it's a good sign.