TASC - Professionally rewarding and well-supported at customer work site | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TASC

"Professionally rewarding and well-supported at customer work site"

Current Employee - Security Specialist in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Security Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HQ support to offsite contractor personnel

Cons

Dealing w/ a very difficult DoD customer

Advice to Management

Bid low dollars in response to RFQs to sustain contact and support to customers. Tough contracting environment in budget-constrained DoD

Other Employee Reviews for TASC

1. "N"

Former Employee - PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Only worked on a single contract for 9 years and I can only speak to what I saw. The people, at mid and lower management levels were great; worker bees were also a great bunch of people. There are IT Sys Admin type position available but is probably like every where else, you're at the mercy of the contract.

Cons

First, these are all my opinions about things. I'm sure that management types would rush to disagree but......Things changed for the worst when Northrop Grumman divested itself of TASC to meet govt conflict of interest requirements. TASC was purchased by investment companies and things downhill as emphasis seemed to be more on the bottom line; personnel went by the wayside. And then with all the budget cutbacks, the atmosphere around the company actually seemed to turn into one of those "afraid to speak disparagingly about anything". Really depressing; can't say what it is like now because after 9 years, company lost project re-compete....ergo, I lost my job.

Advice to Management

Buy the company back, make it employee owned. Many years ago before I started working there, I always heard TASC was a great place to work.

2. "Awesome work but little support."

Former Employee - Computer Sys Sec Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Computer Sys Sec Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked on leading-edge issues with high-level personnel. Contributed to and shaped far-reaching inititiatives.

Cons

Received no technical training. Poor first-line management. Clearance was not submitted for periodic update, then was terminated for having an out-of-scope background investigation (TS/SCI clearance had no periodic reinvestigation for almost 10 years).

Advice to Management

Ensure that employees are explicitly told of their responsibilities, e.g., keeping their clearance up to date. For example, as part of the annual review process employees should be briefed on the status of their clearance. If necessary, the employee could work with management to transfer to another part of the company that would force a periodic update to be initiated.