TASC - TASC aka (The Analytical Science Corporation) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TASC

"TASC aka (The Analytical Science Corporation)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Depending on you experience and skills, salaries are in line with industry.
Some of the line managers are outstanding to work with.
TASC has a proven track record of providing quality personnel and deliverable products to their customers.

Cons

Since bought by investment bankers, TASC acts like a cash poor company.
Mid to senior level positions seem to be filled by outside hires for our competitors.
Most employees who work at "customer site" are treated as second class employees.

Advice to Management

Look inside TASC for some of mid to senior positions. Ask your employees if they are interested. When you fill a senior position with someone from another company, at times it is insulting to current employees.

Other Employee Reviews for TASC

1. "Professionally rewarding and well-supported at customer work site"

Current Employee - Security Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Security Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HQ support to offsite contractor personnel

Cons

Dealing w/ a very difficult DoD customer

Advice to Management

Bid low dollars in response to RFQs to sustain contact and support to customers. Tough contracting environment in budget-constrained DoD

2. "N"

Former Employee - PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I worked at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Only worked on a single contract for 9 years and I can only speak to what I saw. The people, at mid and lower management levels were great; worker bees were also a great bunch of people. There are IT Sys Admin type position available but is probably like every where else, you're at the mercy of the contract.

Cons

First, these are all my opinions about things. I'm sure that management types would rush to disagree but......Things changed for the worst when Northrop Grumman divested itself of TASC to meet govt conflict of interest requirements. TASC was purchased by investment companies and things downhill as emphasis seemed to be more on the bottom line; personnel went by the wayside. And then with all the budget cutbacks, the atmosphere around the company actually seemed to turn into one of those "afraid to speak disparagingly about anything". Really depressing; can't say what it is like now because after 9 years, company lost project re-compete....ergo, I lost my job.

Advice to Management

Buy the company back, make it employee owned. Many years ago before I started working there, I always heard TASC was a great place to work.