TASC - An evolving company | Glassdoor

"An evolving company"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Takes care of people, for example, covered its people impacted by the recent government shutdown much better than it's direct competition.

Cons

Lack of control of overhead rankles middle management and some of the executives. From outside the leadership team it appears the company is bringing in more executives rather than investing in discriminators.

Advice to Management

Provide more specific direction on and assistance in contributing to the company's goals. Take the good top-level stuff, for example, the company's values, and provide the rank and file help in living them.

Other Employee Reviews for TASC

"unhelpful..."

Former Contractor - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA
    Former Contractor - Test and Evaluation Eng II in Lorton, VA

I worked at TASC as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I would imagine that there are several good reasons to work for TASC. I wouldn't know of any.

Cons

I was a sub-contractor to TASC working out of the Lorton, VA facility. I was a semi-permament sub-contractor with the hope of going permament eventually. Not only was I discarded, the TASC employees were VERY unsupportative of me and my team. I was dismissed right after the beginning of the year with my TASC management telling me that I had "done all they needed me to do" and that I "bascially worked myself out of a job" 8 months of hard work and late hours and multiple cross-country trips and I'm summarily dismissed because I was a sub-contractor instead of a full time TASC employee.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE! My team and I made SEVERAL official requests for direction and made multiple plans of how we thought our work should progress (which was a task outside of our scope) ultimately to have all our plans tossed aside and go with a completely random plan that was never in our initial purview. I can't imagine that the folks that are still there are actually accomplishing anything.

2. "Improving cultural environment"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership making significant effort to improve culture, work environment, and career development paths

Cons

Govt contracting environment faces significant challenges and the trend in pricing (and hence compensation/benefits) is still negative

Advice to Management

Continue current course. Keep up the improved communications.