TASC - Weathervaning | Glassdoor

"Weathervaning"

Current Employee - Section Manager in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Section Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great cadre of employees who are extremely bright, ambitious and resourceful. Most of the staff I work with in Chantilly other Northern VA and Washington DC area would shine in any company they are that versatile.

Cons

Despite a huge all management offsite just over two years ago we've been slow to identify what our core competences are and what the organizational construct will be to manage new business sales and associated business acquisition cycle that harmonizes with both corporate HQ and dispersed TASC which will ultimately interface with the customer and execute the work. Strategy and tactics for capture & pursuit is not shared well nor in a timely manner leading to suboptimal PWin rates

Advice to Management

December 2013 overhead cuts was a ballsy but overdue move. We lost a lot of good people we can no longer carry on overhead but the cuts sent shudders across whole company consuming precious time and commitment. Now we need to do everything we can to keep remaining team poised to collaborate and help us win & grow. Too many 3 letter customer support staff hide behind their 3 letter firewalls avoiding collaboration with other TASC entities who need support.

Other Employee Reviews for TASC

"it's all about who you know"

Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Enterprise Architect in Springfield, VA

I have been working at TASC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunity & great clients

Cons

Former leadership lack foresight and initiative, which contributed to several major contract losses where TASC is the incumbent.

Advice to Management

Understand the your performance against client's evolving needs and value the talented among your staff.

"Absolutely awful. Whatever the competitors are doing right, TASC is failing at"

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at TASC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Broad contract opportunities, relatively speaking. Talented technical experts in non-managerial roles

Cons

Really crushed so many employees through benefit cuts that it's comical to hear senior leaders say that the company is great. When your BU VP says "It's not a bad company to work for," you know things are in the death throes. Plus, the President, CEO and a bunch of senior VPs get canned in the same week? This ship is sinking fast, and if it was publicly traded, the shareholders would be furious. You can't lose over a billion in revenue and think that passing the loss on to your employees is going to be a good strategic move. A lot of great talent has been lost to Amazon, Paypal, Facebook, Booz Allen, etc. The impact of that talent loss is only going to get worse as time goes on with more mediocre talent replacing those that left because the benefits aren't competitive.

Advice to Management

Liquidate. Maybe a few smaller companies would have a better shot at success, but the current structure is going to crush the company under its own weight.