KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Former Employee

dont hire your best saleman to manage your salesman

Jun 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

alot of warm leads, they will start you off with a book of about 4,000 clients to call, pretty easy to make about 80K a year, if you are any good at sales and apply yourself you should make well over 100K,

Cons

the branches are extremely competitive so the regional managers continue to promote their best "companyman" salesman to the role of manager. this is a huge mistake as the typical sales guy knows alot about winning in their own way and not alot about managing and coaching other people to help them sell better to their OWN style. There's alot of turn over in places like this because they believe if you cant do the work, they will replace you with someone that will. The ultimate feeling in the culture is that they care less about the employee and more about the bottom line.

7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity

Aug 12, 2022 - Trade Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very great place to work all around love it!

Cons

None that I can think of other than it being a call center type job so it can get repetitive from time to time but they do a good job of trying to mix it up for you

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes stressful but good overall

Jun 16, 2022 - Licensed Broker - Registered Representative in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

For almost 2 years I have worked for TDA in client services in Omaha, NE. All of the coworkers on my teams have been very kind and helpful. All of the managers I've had have been fair, supportive, and clear about their expectations.

Cons

The first year of working at TD Ameritrade as a registered rep was incredibly stressful. Part of it is that it's difficult to learn that much information in a short period of time. Another issue is the difficulty of meeting expectations for call times and having good customer reviews. When I first started I had trouble keeping my call time down because I didn't know enough to solve issues quickly. The issue I had with call reviews and sometimes still have is that most people are nice and will leave good reviews but there are occasionally vindictive people will give you a negative review simply because of things that are out of your control such as how much time they spent on hold before they were able to reach you and times when you had to tell them no because of company policy and they held it against you because you told them what they didn't want to hear.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TD Ameritrade.

TD Ameritrade Photos

+ Add Photo
TD Ameritrade photo of: A look inside TD Ameritrade
TD Ameritrade photo of: Keeping active helps us deliver better products and services to our clients. #WhereIWork
TD Ameritrade photo of: We can beat the 3pm slump with a quick game! #WhereIWork
TD Ameritrade photo of: TD Ameritrade