TD Ameritrade - Sr. Business Data Analyst | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TD Ameritrade

"Sr. Business Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Business Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Business Data Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at TD Ameritrade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities internally to pursue various areas of interest within field of expertise. Community service oriented. Easy access to key leaders. Smart and likable employees.

Cons

Large organizations generally require a lot of red tape and paperwork to accomplish simple tasks and this is no exception. HR org. chart governs operational approval hierarchy, which doesn't always make sense in terms of getting a job done the quickest and smartest way possible.

Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade

"Declining Employee Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Client Services in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Client Services in Omaha, NE

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best discount brokers out there to do business with. Upper management is doing everything they can for the shareholders. You can shadow/learn from other departments and the associates keep pretty open about helping each other out and doing what is right for the clients.

Cons

Upper management expectation of its associates is unrealistic. It used to be, if you want a raise, pay yourself by working harder. Performance is at an all time high and now they are cutting back bonuses by 40% while asking for 40% more productivity. I understand this is a business and the bottom line is important but most people are just worried about keeping their job. Ill take a pay cut but being a top performer in my department, i still feel like I am on thin ice for performance. Associates are scared to lose their jobs right now and it is causing a lot of anxiety.

Advice to Management

Managers and associates are under too much pressure to perform beyond abilities. As mentioned above, top performers are scared to lose their jobs and these are good people - some having been with the company for 10 years or more. We care about our clients and believe in what we do but if you hold this line, some of your best will be forced to move on. What a shame that would be.

"Great people, fun place to work, not mucn room for growth"

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at TD Ameritrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that rewards associates fairly,
    Awesome corporate culture with great associates

Cons

Not much room for growth within the company
    Salary not competive

Advice to Management

More competive salary