TD Ameritrade - Fun for awhile | Glassdoor

"Fun for awhile"

I have been working at TD Ameritrade (More than a year)

Pros

Great career starter, helped me get my licenses out of college so I could grow my financial career.

Cons

Overly micro managed Around productivity.

Advice to Management

Great more next step roles for reps not interested in full time sales positions.

Other Employee Reviews for TD Ameritrade

"Great place to be"

Current Employee - Broker
    Current Employee - Broker

Pros

Good compensation and health benefits. They also have a good Paid time off system that rewards seniority. Management is not afraid to award employees with perks (If you perform). If you work in the call center your experience might vary greatly depending on your manager. My manager is always open to me expressing my concerns. I also feel I could trust them to be fair if needed. Management does not micro manage as bad as most call centers.

Cons

Most opportunities for advancement are on the phone. Hopefully, you like the phones because you could be stuck there for a while. Sometimes the training you receive to do your job isn't always the best. Sometimes communication between management and the employees is lacking.

Advice to Management

doing a good job overall.

2. ".Good place to start, excellent oppurtunity to advance."

Current Employee - . Egistered Representative
    Current Employee - . Egistered Representative

Pros

Very employee orientated. Lots of "fun days" Many free giveaways, excellent Christmas party.

Cons

Getting yelled at by clients.Sometimes people who didn't work as hard was rewarded more than those who were carrying most of the work. It looks like they are working on fixing that problem now. Job can be a drag on day by day, with clients yelling at you and calling you all sorts of colorful names, but you'll get that in any brokerage industry. 99% of the time, the client screwed up and you had to sit there and listen to them take it out on you. You get used to it after awhile.

Advice to Management

Job well done. Never had any problems with Senior Management.