KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Loved working for TD!

Apr 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

TD Ameritrade really encouraged employee growth in the company and offered opportunities to move up if you put in the effort. Allowed flexibility with work from home. Didn’t feel micromanaged. Allowed me to be productive on my own and had trust from my manager to do what I needed to do. Felt like I really made a difference in many of our clients lives. You get to build lasting relationships with regular high net worth clients. They are much more competitive with salary now than 4-5 years ago.

Cons

I wasn’t a huge fan of the change to hourly, but some employees seemed to like it. Not a ton of cons, never really had any issues in 4 years working there, was hard to leave.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good work environment

Jul 1, 2022 - Financial Services Representative in Southlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, friendly management

Cons

Takes a while to move up to different positions, low pay

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes stressful but good overall

Jun 16, 2022 - Licensed Broker - Registered Representative in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

For almost 2 years I have worked for TDA in client services in Omaha, NE. All of the coworkers on my teams have been very kind and helpful. All of the managers I've had have been fair, supportive, and clear about their expectations.

Cons

The first year of working at TD Ameritrade as a registered rep was incredibly stressful. Part of it is that it's difficult to learn that much information in a short period of time. Another issue is the difficulty of meeting expectations for call times and having good customer reviews. When I first started I had trouble keeping my call time down because I didn't know enough to solve issues quickly. The issue I had with call reviews and sometimes still have is that most people are nice and will leave good reviews but there are occasionally vindictive people will give you a negative review simply because of things that are out of your control such as how much time they spent on hold before they were able to reach you and times when you had to tell them no because of company policy and they held it against you because you told them what they didn't want to hear.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TD Ameritrade.

TD Ameritrade Photos

+ Add Photo
TD Ameritrade photo of: A look inside TD Ameritrade
TD Ameritrade photo of: Keeping active helps us deliver better products and services to our clients. #WhereIWork
TD Ameritrade photo of: We can beat the 3pm slump with a quick game! #WhereIWork
TD Ameritrade photo of: TD Ameritrade