KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I've ever worked for until sold to Schwab.

May 4, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture: Transparency and empowerment, diversity and inclusion, good benefits and compensation. The leadership really did care about their people.

Cons

The TDA board did not have the same vision as the company leaders and sold it to Schwab. It felt like a betrayal. Schwab isn't terrible, but pales in comparison. Case in point, ask what the culture is at Schwab and you get "Through Clients' eyes" - which is a great slogan and approach to business - especially at a brokerage, however, it's not really a company culture, although I do understand that it influences the culture.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good work environment

Jul 1, 2022 - Financial Services Representative in Southlake, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, friendly management

Cons

Takes a while to move up to different positions, low pay

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes stressful but good overall

Jun 16, 2022 - Licensed Broker - Registered Representative in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

For almost 2 years I have worked for TDA in client services in Omaha, NE. All of the coworkers on my teams have been very kind and helpful. All of the managers I've had have been fair, supportive, and clear about their expectations.

Cons

The first year of working at TD Ameritrade as a registered rep was incredibly stressful. Part of it is that it's difficult to learn that much information in a short period of time. Another issue is the difficulty of meeting expectations for call times and having good customer reviews. When I first started I had trouble keeping my call time down because I didn't know enough to solve issues quickly. The issue I had with call reviews and sometimes still have is that most people are nice and will leave good reviews but there are occasionally vindictive people will give you a negative review simply because of things that are out of your control such as how much time they spent on hold before they were able to reach you and times when you had to tell them no because of company policy and they held it against you because you told them what they didn't want to hear.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about TD Ameritrade.

TD Ameritrade Photos

+ Add Photo
TD Ameritrade photo of: A look inside TD Ameritrade
TD Ameritrade photo of: Keeping active helps us deliver better products and services to our clients. #WhereIWork
TD Ameritrade photo of: We can beat the 3pm slump with a quick game! #WhereIWork
TD Ameritrade photo of: TD Ameritrade