TD - Great Workplace!! | Glassdoor

"Great Workplace!!"

I have been working at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great workplace and huge learning experience..Ambience allows employees to be motivated and productive. Non hierarchial and rewards result oriented individuals.

Cons

Not the most competitive pay scale in the market. Yearly salary increments are not very significant and could be improved a lot..

Other Employee Reviews for TD

1. "From a contractor's point of view..."

Current Contractor - Contractor in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TD as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There seems to be lots of job opportunities at TD. The bank also likes to hire contractors for program/project based initiatives, which is great for self-employed contractors. Contracting rates are reasonable/satisfactory, however see "Cons" for the negative side.

Cons

Based on my few months experience so far at TD, the bank is very rigid about make improvements to their existing processes, even the smallest changes. As contractors, we like to provide input on making efficiency changes to provide better support to the product that is being launched, however, for some reason, TD does not encourage that and would rather keep processes "as is" as much as possible. The unwillingness to change existing processes and procedures will increase the number of risks and issues upon deployment. As well, the time it takes to get agreement/approvals (longer than what I normally experience) impact the team's ability to meet tight project timelines.

Contracting rates are reasonable/satisfactory, however, for my project, extra hours outside of 7.5 hrs/day are not permitted to be charged, unless with pre-approval (which is rarely the case). With all of my past contract jobs, I was allowed to charge a maximum of 8 hrs/day to include any extra hours worked.

Advice to Management

Improvements need to be made with communications and better project management. There are often times where numerous people on the same project are working on the same issue and don't realize that until later, which is a waste of time and efficiency and creates a lot of confusion.

2. "TD Bank Review"

Pros

-great people and very fast paced

Cons

-repetitive and people expect a lot