TD - TD Bank allowed me to pay off my student debt. I owe a lot to this company. They paid me well. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TD

"TD Bank allowed me to pay off my student debt. I owe a lot to this company. They paid me well."

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at TD full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well, and they give you shares in the company.

Cons

Sometimes the work load is a lot, and they could train their staff a bit more to handle cranky customers! It was stressful to try to keep up with demands for results.

Advice to Management

If you see talent, grasp it! Find ways to provide even more training for great staff. I actually miss working for you, but my degree was unrelated. Also, I remember one manager that really has no business managing people. She was very rude. I encourage you to make sure your managers pass managerial tests.

Other Employee Reviews for TD

1. "Investment Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Investment Representative in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Investment Representative in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at TD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, corporate culture, great place to complete all required industry certifications.

Cons

Full day on the phone, scheduler, timed breaks. Abusive clients, time pressure, stress, TD Waterhouse gradually closed its Call centres first in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, BC, then Alberta., Now down to 3 call Centres in Ontario and Quebec. What is next?

Advice to Management

I would like to see management place more value on knowledge and accuracy versus ability to bring additional assets. Client value competence over sales pitches.

"Analyst"

Pros

Getting paid weekly, flexible work hours, great people that work there

Cons

No room for growth, management is selfish, they really don't care about your growth. What they do care about is their numbers for them to look good. They tell you to make a development plan but is is really just for HR purposes. If you are the type of person who is happy doing the same thing year after year then it is the right place for you.
    It is a sales job with no commission. They don't value the young educated people that want to move on within TD. They expect you to do the same thing year after year and be happy about it while management is changing constantly.

Advice to Management

This company's asset is it employees. Help the good employees grow and move on to different positions. Stop lying to them and pretending that you care by asking us what we want to do for HR purposes only. TD is a huge organization, employees should be able to transfer within any department within TD and your job should be to help those good employees to move on.
    If you only knew how senior staff members really felt....