TD - TD Commerce bank is the worse | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TD

"TD Commerce bank is the worse"

Current Employee - Senior Teller
Current Employee - Senior Teller

Pros

banks always sound like a great place to work at

Cons

the hours suck and the pay is even worse. training is horrible and the enivorment is far to young

Advice to Management

Pay attention to people who seem like they know everything but yet do nothing

Other Employee Reviews for TD

"Okay for Beginning"

Former Employee - Teller in Williamstown, NJ
    Former Employee - Teller in Williamstown, NJ

Pros

The tellers I worked alongside were great, I got along well with everyone on my level, with both part time and full time staff, of all ages. That's where the friendliness ended though.

You learn the basics of the banking industry, giving you a good base for a potential future career in finance. Understanding the banking world is key to understanding interest rates, required reserve rations, how the Federal Reserve works, etc. You won't realize it when you're working there, but it helps.
    Pay is lower than other banks, but they give more hours, so I did end up being paid more than tellers at other banks.

Cons

Boss would act in some underhanded ways, and played favorites heavily, which really brought down the morale of the whole office. We spent most of our time despising our manager, and talking about their cold demeanor and biased ways.

Customers are difficult to deal with, as they don't understand how a bank operates and constantly believe you are trying to give them a hard time. Most of the time transactions go smoothly, but on average you get 1 or 2 negative encounters every day. TD requires ID to take make withdrawals to combat ID fraud, which is a good thing, but after 4+ years customers still get appalled by the rigorous task of taking a card out of a wallet, and are sure to shout you down because of it, while you protect their financial livelihood.

Advice to Management

Be sure that the people you hire for managing a bank understand how to communicate effectively with those they manage. A passive aggressive, underhanded boss can really mess up the work environment.

Also, to avoid further complications with customers screaming at tellers about the ID situation, please be transparent and post a sign about it. I always got the feeling that the reason there was no sign telling customers up front about the ID policy was that management didn't want to deal with it, and left it for the tellers.

2. "Admin Ass."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Clifton, NJ

Pros

Energetic office culture, people oriented, customer driven. Fast paced, lots of people and team building activities

Cons

tough go around getting promotions, pays below market

Advice to Management

Start promoting more from within rather than hiring outside, lesser talent.