TE Connectivity - Really Like My Job--My cooworkers complain too much | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

"Really Like My Job--My cooworkers complain too much"

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
Current Employee - Product Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like the engineering work that I do here - it's some of the most challenging work that I've done. There are a lot of new processes and procedures that have all started at the same time and that has been hard for a lot of engineers to deal with. I've found that when I make a suggestion, my manager gives me whatever I need to make the changes - the only problem I've had has been trying to get coworkers to change. They seem to want to make us fail. THere is a small group of employees who really need to leave and a large group of silent professionals who are very talented. These are impressive medical devices and once we get over the changes, this will be an awesome company.

Cons

The complaining employees are really making life tough. Slowly they are leaving and going off to engineer knives - wow, that's where their talents will be more challenged!! Most of the negative comments here are from people who don't want to take responsibility to make a difference....they just want to hang managers out to dry. If you want to make a difference, remember there are 2 sides.

Advice to Management

Help us out! Get rid of the complainers who don't want Medical to survive. Help them to find more jobs making knives and tiny little compressors - the world needs more of both and less of them here in Wilsonville.

Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity

1. "Area Sales Manager"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Detroit, MI

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was probabl/ above an average level at the time, but we were coming from a tyco acquisition and I perceived that we were at a higher pay level than the rest of the TE group and that there was a plan in place to normalize (reduce) our comp levels.

Cons

At the time, the selling process seemed highly regulated by management. It was much more focsed on the short term vs longer term sales objectives.

"The absolute worst job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

o ther than getiing a pay check every two weeks there is nothing remotely good about working here.

Cons

I have 5 bosses and noe of them give me any direction in my workplace. None of the training or apps that I have to use have any relevance to my job. They spent so much time and money on apps that do not work, but refuse to buy me the tools I need to do my job.

Advice to Management

No app will ever take the place of person on person training. The Iphone cannot prevent outages or teach common sense. this company has completely lost touch with what we are trying to accomplish in the field.