TE Connectivity - Hard to believe it's more of the same | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

"Hard to believe it's more of the same"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time

Pros

The size of TE brings some stability and additional financial resources. There are lots of job openings at the Deutsch Oceanside plant due to high number of resignations. Great place for recent college grads to earn a paycheck while they look for a real job. Slowly but finally, TE management is starting to recognize the organizational issues at Deutsch.

Cons

There has and will be a large turnover at the Oceanside plant because TE has failed to fix many of the chronic issues. Beyond fixing the obvious product defect issues, they still seem to not understand the poor leadership, corporate culture, and compensation problems passed on by the previous owner of the company. With a BU in such bad shape, there should have been no troubles showing some visible improvement but yet it is more of the same as the old Deutsch. People who quit aren't leaving because they are worried about losing their jobs to some low cost center like all the other TE business units. It is a vote of no confidence in TE's ability to turn things around at Deutsch. Might as well move the whole business unit somewhere else and start over.

Advice to Management

Better due diligence on your next acquisition. Need to re-evaluate the people who approved the purchase of Deutsch.

Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer II in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for

Cons

There are really no cons to speak of

"TE talked a good show, but falls flat as an employer - a real career-wasting experience"

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, as well as the people working hard at the plants.

Cons

Leadership is indeed spreadsheet managers and set unfair and conflicting metrics. They spent an unknown amount on this candy-coated lean program called "TEOA" that started well, but basically was crushed back down when it wanted to change the metrics to what it should have been. I have worked at world-class companies and TE is far from that. Having worked with all the cost-savings initiatives, I can confirm TE is working with a lot of smoke & mirrors as noted in several other reviews.

Sales people had no viable or meaningful forecasting information during my entire tenure.

I worked at TE for many thankless & career-wasted years until I found another real world-class company. I am not disgruntled in that I left on good terms, but felt I needed to add my rating to the several others. Also as noted in some other reviews, all my fellow managers who started when I did at my plant and others have since left...good people who were also fooled into joining TE. I don't know if it really is a 60% turnover ratio, but it certainly felt like that...INVESTORS NEED TO QUESTION THAT...TE execs have done a good job of masking things over, but the same problems are there...don't be fooled...the plan consolidations and the moving the of viable work overseas is a temporary game for stocks, but that will run out and the real story will come down as well as your stock money.

Advice to Management

Your degrees are only book sense, not real-world. Stop pounding & pressuring plant managers and their teams to find savings in overly-mature low volume product lines that have already been milked 5-6 times, while sending all the high running work to India, Mexico and China, forcing manager and staff to do cost-cutting in lieu of actual cost savings. "Smarter, Faster, Better" is wishful thinking until you invest in your people, and treat them as the professionals they are who pay your salary, not like idiots. Don't sacrifice short-term & near-sighted goals for sound business practices that will last.