TE Connectivity - Went from uber positive to completely corporate and uber negative.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

"Went from uber positive to completely corporate and uber negative...."

Former Employee - Engineering in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Engineering in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Suffice it to say, TE Connectivity went from a place that I could see myself retiring from to a place that I couldn't wait to escape in just a matter of a few years. The benefits are solid, the pay is good as well, but the corporate environment and the endless amounts of politics that come with it were too much to bear. Senior management does a great job of pushing ridiculous metrics onto organizations, then re-writing those metrics.

Cons

If you've a favorite of your manager, you'll go a long ways. If not, you can go from a great team player to being on the bubble in a matter of months. It's just plain silly. Just silly. The organization as a whole is completely bent on short term within the quarter goals. It's rather disheartening.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to really take into account what the people doing the work actually have to say, not just the top plant managers.

Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TE is a company that I am proud to say I am a part of, people and performance focused with an eye on innovation. Tom and executive staff are providing the right environment to attract customers, investors and new talent!

Cons

Challenges are working through some of old cultural management style, where things were done a certain way in the past and these people not seeing the light of change.

Advice to Management

More 1:1's with the troops to understand the pulse of organization, lunch and learns would be great for Tom and his staff.

"My first day i was told by an engineer "Welcome to Hell" !!"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zero reasons to work at the wilsonville site unless your a masochist.

Cons

Management is probably the worst in any workplace period. They treat engineers and other professionals with impunity and speak down to you as if you were a child. Management has no clue how to actually run an effective production facility using OEE and other viable tracking techniques. I know a person who was directed to change numbers to improves production reports. When he refused due to ethics he was ridiculed and berated by management.

Advice to Management

You cannot give advice to the management in wilsonville. They know everything and they will drill it into your small brain.