TE Connectivity - Went from uber positive to completely corporate and uber negative.... | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for TE Connectivity

"Went from uber positive to completely corporate and uber negative...."

Former Employee - Engineering in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Engineering in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Suffice it to say, TE Connectivity went from a place that I could see myself retiring from to a place that I couldn't wait to escape in just a matter of a few years. The benefits are solid, the pay is good as well, but the corporate environment and the endless amounts of politics that come with it were too much to bear. Senior management does a great job of pushing ridiculous metrics onto organizations, then re-writing those metrics.

Cons

If you've a favorite of your manager, you'll go a long ways. If not, you can go from a great team player to being on the bubble in a matter of months. It's just plain silly. Just silly. The organization as a whole is completely bent on short term within the quarter goals. It's rather disheartening.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to really take into account what the people doing the work actually have to say, not just the top plant managers.

Other Employee Reviews for TE Connectivity

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TE is a company that I am proud to say I am a part of, people and performance focused with an eye on innovation. Tom and executive staff are providing the right environment to attract customers, investors and new talent!

Cons

Challenges are working through some of old cultural management style, where things were done a certain way in the past and these people not seeing the light of change.

Advice to Management

More 1:1's with the troops to understand the pulse of organization, lunch and learns would be great for Tom and his staff.

"Great company going downhill fast."

Current Employee - Engineering in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at TE Connectivity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent salary and healthcare. People working in Engineering and on the floor are decent hardworking people who care about the company and their fellow workers.

Cons

Do not care about employees, disposable, use until they wear out. Never satisfied with output, put in long days everyday for product being moved overseas. Then when they are moved, they show you the door. Morale is lowest seen in 30 some years! Management does not get it, people losing livelihood to Mexico, India, and China and Management does not understand why they are upset and morale is so low.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with some form of respect and understanding. A lot of people worked their lives for AMP/TE, now they are just going through the motions as they know their jobs are going out the door.