TEES - Senior management lacks ability to hire people using technical skill sets that match what the role is | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TEES

"Senior management lacks ability to hire people using technical skill sets that match what the role is"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in College Station, TX
Former Employee - Technical Manager in College Station, TX

Pros

College station is a great location (between Austin & Houston), A&M great university to be part of.

Cons

Tenure rules even in the technology realm. People that have no real work experience with technology and may be book smart are in leadership positions - but do not know how to apply this knowledge to people and technology roles.

Advice to Management

Do RFP's for custom software solutions. Somebody needs to be asking questions like is the solution really scalable? How much will this cost the University down the road to maintain? For technology, hire more vendors. Look in the local communities for local talent - don't hire people from outside the USA - and pay extra money for Visa process etc..or feel compelled to keep people because they are friends or have worked with a hiring manager for a long time. Doesn't mean that they are more qualified. More scrutiny in hiring process as well as better planning for technical projects.

Other Employee Reviews for TEES

1. "Pay is good, work is hard"

I have been working at TEES part-time

Pros

They paid my tuition, fees, and insurances. I also get monthly pay for living expense. The pay is good and enough for living in a small college town.

Cons

I need work hard partially because I am a college student and have a lot of homework and exams, and partially because the research work assigned to me is tough. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

2. "Co review"

Pros

Great places and friendly

Cons

None that I can think of.