TEKsystems - Friendly, professional, body-shop company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

"Friendly, professional, body-shop company"

Current Employee - Contractor in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Contractor in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great access to good jobs that you simply won't be able to find on your own. TEKsystems staff are very friendly, they are prompt with payment, and they are great to work with.

Cons

The benefits are much worse than you can purchase on your own as an individual. The jobs are "at will" so there is no real guarantee that you will have billable hours.

Advice to Management

A little effort to make the product (contractors, consultants) feel like they are "part of" TEKsystems might be a good idea.

Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems

1. "Good foot in the door"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

o - Weekly pay
    o - Better medical/dental/vision benefits than some permanent employee jobs I've had
    o - Depending on the market and your skills, they can have you into a position quickly
    o - This is my second contract with Tek; previous one was over 10 years ago. I haven't changed banks, and my first paycheck with the new contract was direct deposited
    o - 401K (no match, but most places don't anymore, and some don't even offer it)
    o - Online paystubs & tax forms
    o - My first contract with them resulted in a full-time position that lasted 7 years after I was hired, and several of my colleagues on this project have also been hired.

Cons

o - There is an absolutely ridiculous (as in, patently absurd) variation in pay rates for the contractors on my project, much of which seems to have little to nothing to do with past experience or qualifications.
    o - The agency absolutely needs to be pushing for raises when people have been with the agency/contract six months, a year, two years, and they seem to be letting the company recommend that. We've lost good people because they couldn't get compensated reasonably (granted, some of that is on the company, not the agency)
    o - They will allow you to take PTO but the amount has to be calculated out of your hourly rate in advance.

Advice to Management

If possible, factor in a consultant's longevity. If they've been on the project a year and have been performing, get them a raise. If they've been around for two years, start offering them the same PTO benefits and retirement matches you're giving your account managers.

"Tek Systems very unprofessional"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dublin, OH

Pros

close to home, and avg pay

Cons

several recruiter been in the same position for over 15 years.

Advice to Management

please make sure to hire more professional hr