TEKsystems - If you want to be in sales, this is the place to be! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

"If you want to be in sales, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If sales is what you want to do, there is no better company to work for. The work is more intellectually interesting than a lot of sales jobs allow for and you get to make a real impact on people's lives and companies' goals. If you're fresh out of school and not sure what you want, this is an amazing place to learn a lot at a rapid pace--you get ample practice in networking and building effective relationships, the opportunity to witness the inner workings of Fortune 500 companies that TEK staffs, and are encouraged to communicate your way through a myriad of tough conflicts and scenarios. You can also make pretty great money if you work hard.

Cons

The company sometimes acts like there are a lot of opportunities outside of sales functions, but there really aren't. It can also be really process heavy, to the detriment of employee productivity and happiness.

Advice to Management

Communicate directly and in an upfront manner about policy changes and advancement opportunities. Recognize that too much process feels like micro-management.

Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems

1. "They treat you like a human being!"

Current Contractor - Contractor in Madison, WI
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Madison, WI

I have been working at TEKsystems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters take time to get to know you and what you want and the type of shop you would like to work for. If you don't know, they help you figure out what you like. No pressure. They present you with available jobs and let you decide if you are interested before they apply on your behalf.

They also call to check on you when you are placed somewhere. Very unusual for recruiters to do.

Cons

None so far.I wish I did not agree to a low starting pay though.

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing to your recruiters must work. They are all awfully nice and helpful!

"The new American Employer - Dishonest and leaves you in the cold"

Former Contractor - Mapping Technician in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Contractor - Mapping Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't really say that there where many pros to working for TekSystems. The are a temporary agency which is always a bad sign for people wanting full time work.

Cons

Everything. The pay was not good at all. I checked into the same position with another company that was paying 7 dollars more for my position. TekSystems is known for low-balling offers to employees. They will get you in at the lowest rate of pay. Benefits where not worth what you paid when they hire you on. Myself and many others where hired on in batches like the other guy who reviewed this company. The got rid of most of us and keep their favorites using the excuse that performance was an issue. Well of course my performance was an issue. I was given no job description (literally) and no guidance on how to be successful in my job. To my knowledge one person was kept on at this company when I was laid-off. All others where left in the cold without a severance package or anything at all - all of which could later bit TekSystems in the rump if you know what I mean.

Advice to Management

Respect the employee. We are not your employees. We are the employees who make business possible. You will treat people with respect or have high turnover rates. Its that simple. No respect equals dissatisfied employees.