TEKsystems - If you want to be in sales, this is the place to be! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TEKsystems

"If you want to be in sales, this is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If sales is what you want to do, there is no better company to work for. The work is more intellectually interesting than a lot of sales jobs allow for and you get to make a real impact on people's lives and companies' goals. If you're fresh out of school and not sure what you want, this is an amazing place to learn a lot at a rapid pace--you get ample practice in networking and building effective relationships, the opportunity to witness the inner workings of Fortune 500 companies that TEK staffs, and are encouraged to communicate your way through a myriad of tough conflicts and scenarios. You can also make pretty great money if you work hard.

Cons

The company sometimes acts like there are a lot of opportunities outside of sales functions, but there really aren't. It can also be really process heavy, to the detriment of employee productivity and happiness.

Advice to Management

Communicate directly and in an upfront manner about policy changes and advancement opportunities. Recognize that too much process feels like micro-management.

Other Employee Reviews for TEKsystems

1. "Great Foot in the Door!"

I worked at TEKsystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TEK has been fantastic to work for. If a position opened up they knew I'd be interested in they contacted me immediately and let me know about it. They chased positions for me for almost a year before they found one I wanted to take, never giving up on me. The pay has always been competitive and since I don't need benefits usually actually better than those working directly on the contract.

Cons

1) Have a plan for benefits or another source if you're working temp contracting, but that's not just with TEK, that's with every short term contract situation.

2. "Do your research beforehand"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at TEKsystems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Teksystems is thorough at supplying you with many job opportunities. Good, constant communications.

Cons

Will often be told a multitude of lies to fill positions. I was told "all you have to do is show up every day and you will have no problems". Obviously was not the case. Many high turnover jobs where you are put into low-morale type of environments.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about the employment opportunities you are providing.