TELUS - Great people/team members, high workload on a small team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TELUS

"Great people/team members, high workload on a small team"

Former Employee - Product Manager
Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, work from home. Collaborative teams across the company, even with remote offices. I worked on a small team, and genuinely enjoyed the company of my peers, and would socialize with them outside of work.

Cons

Small team, insufficient resources when managing multiple product lines. You'll have to wear multiple hats and getting campaigns off the ground can get caught up in process and really slow things down

Other Employee Reviews for TELUS

"Perhaps the best company I've worked for in the past decade."

Former Employee - Corporate Communications
    Former Employee - Corporate Communications

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're on a good team/department you'll find the following is true:
    - Great opportunities to learn and grow your career
    - Highly successful, innovative and organized teams
    - Excellent benefits, perks and incentives for those who work hard
    - Incredibly talented and gracious professionals to work with
    - Flexible work schedules/styles; working remotely is common and little micro-managing

Cons

- Transparency is still an issue between HR/executives and general employees
    - Some rules don't apply to all employees across the board

Advice to Management

Be open and honest with your team. They don't mind hearing the truth even if it isn't positive.

2. "Not the greatest...certainly did not meet the expectations I had."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate is better here than most call centers in Las Vegas, opportunity in some campaigns to make monthly incentive.

Cons

Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE management! I've never seen such awful leadership in my life, and I've worked at Sitel. The caliber of people they will hire is pretty poor, anyone who can speak English and pass an FBI background check is hired on. I also can't tell you how many people I've seen be let go for really mundane or questionable reasons, but bad employees stick around even though they've committed the same or worse infractions. I'm approaching a year there, and it's quite frustrating to see such terrible direction, supervision, organization, and decisions being made. Not only that, but in the year I've been there, I've seen three or four campaigns lose their contracts, and that means at least 1000 people have been laid off.

Advice to Management

There is a TON of potential in this company. It could easily be one of the best places to work in Las Vegas, as the ideals of its parent company are SO strong. However, a lot of changes need to be made. TELUS Int'l could either have the reputation of Zappos...or Sitel. Right now, Sitel may even be winning...