TELUS - Horrible! | Glassdoor

"Horrible!"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had flexible hours and access to phones during lunch.

Cons

Management dont show interest in their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for TELUS

1. "Not the greatest...certainly did not meet the expectations I had."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate is better here than most call centers in Las Vegas, opportunity in some campaigns to make monthly incentive.

Cons

Terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE management! I've never seen such awful leadership in my life, and I've worked at Sitel. The caliber of people they will hire is pretty poor, anyone who can speak English and pass an FBI background check is hired on. I also can't tell you how many people I've seen be let go for really mundane or questionable reasons, but bad employees stick around even though they've committed the same or worse infractions. I'm approaching a year there, and it's quite frustrating to see such terrible direction, supervision, organization, and decisions being made. Not only that, but in the year I've been there, I've seen three or four campaigns lose their contracts, and that means at least 1000 people have been laid off.

Advice to Management

There is a TON of potential in this company. It could easily be one of the best places to work in Las Vegas, as the ideals of its parent company are SO strong. However, a lot of changes need to be made. TELUS Int'l could either have the reputation of Zappos...or Sitel. Right now, Sitel may even be winning...

2. "It's a growing company, still on the stage of experimenting the structure."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TELUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are young adults - not immature but not close-minded - so I get along with them. For some reason, they attract decent workers. The office was spacious and vibrant. My supervisors have a lot to improve, but they just got the job from being a customer service representative so they're merely grasping. The good thing though is they promote from within first before searching for an outside candidate if there is an open position.

I like the freedom to do what I wish, which can turn into a disadvantage for the company.

Cons

The training period could improve. It's too long and so it got too boring. The trainer gave us too many breaks, told unrelated stories and showed random videos on YouTube just to fill in the time. A lot of times, we just watch him use his iPhone or write an email on the projector. Then the final examination was too brief that it irate two people on our class into quitting.

There is terrible communication between departments. HR people don't know that they have a new position open. The supervisors are guessing when the agents ask them questions, which led to misinformation.

For me, and this is based on my personality, the job as a call center agent was boring. I sit on my computer all day and does the same thing. It felt like I'm only using 0.02% of my brain. This is a con for the job, not for the company.

Advice to Management

The company policies are not strongly implemented - work on it.