TELUS - TELUS - High Performance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TELUS

"TELUS - High Performance"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is great! Hiring for openings is always internally posted first, ensuring the greatest opportunity for movement.
Outstanding leadership team! There is such a high focus on good leaders. Poor leaders are either managed to improve, or released to the industry.
It's encouraged to move roles often, to taste a variety of TELUS jobs, even to the point of changing divisions.
TELUS takes training VERY seriously, and even makes some courses mandatory each year, to ensure that the whole organization is in lock step with each other.
There are many checks and balances to ensure that TELUS is profitable, and provides services that can be supported and solutioned.
T

Cons

Not much of a work life balance. There are times when the level of activity is so extreme that you wonder when you will ever see any down time.
At times, team sizes are held small to reduce expenses, resulting in double workloads.
Some of the processes are rigid and cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Assist with better work life balance.
Salary improvements would be welcome.

Other Employee Reviews for TELUS

"an ok place to work at"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst I in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst I in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

overall the company has a real friendly to the public and it is proud to be a part of TELUS

Cons

when you are off you are not actually off, phone still rings all sort of strange hours. Team politics due to tight budget. Raises are almost non existant. Got a 0.20 /hour raise after 14 months.The compensation I am receiving is totally not align with inflation. I am also one of the highest performing employee on my team and my manager knows that.

Advice to Management

more communication would be nice.

"TELUS: A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loyalty & Retention Specialist, TELUS TV in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

TELUS is a great place to work because they have an open line of communication between those employees on the front lines and upper management. Feedback regarding your job is always welcome and when appropriate, our recommendations for improvement are put into practise. The wages are above average for similar work at other organizations, and the benefits are very good.

There is room for self-growth and professional advancement, and opportunities are based upon merit as well as seniority. Hard work is rewarded and excellence is encouraged. They are very focused on continuing to educate employees to better serve our clients and overall, the environment is one of constant change and development.

Cons

The department I work for does not offer a steady schedule. You can work anytime from 8 am to 9 pm, Monday through Saturday, and your shifts change each week. This makes it difficult to arrange for child care or post secondary education while continuing to work. Many people who leave do so to better facilitate these life changes.

Advice to Management

I would say that generally, TELUS is a well managed professional environment. I would recommend that Senior Management continue to take employee feedback into consideration, because overall employee satisfaction is fairly high and I believe that most of that is due to the fact that TELUS makes a considerable effort to make employees feel valued and appreciated.