TETRA Technologies - Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TETRA Technologies

"Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company."

Current Employee - Field Supervisor
Current Employee - Field Supervisor

Pros

Tetra is a great company to be employed by for the most part. Tetra provides a very good benefit package and have many hard working field personal, as a supervisor i have worked with many different people from different locations and on a 1-10 score of the field people i worked with i rate the employees at a 9.

Cons

I have more then 10 years service with the company and have seen good times and bad times. During the past few years i have seen many bad choices for management positions, we have managers running our field operations who have no ideal what we even do in the field and have never had any field experiance. As an Ex District Manager I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Even as a District Manager i went to the field checked on my jobs, employees, and helped rig up jobs as well. Overall i think Tetra as a strong company with growth abilities should recognize and offer promotion to the experianced and hard working employees who really know the job and provide the bread and butter for the upper management.

Advice to Management

Management, You should do a field survey to each facilitiy and see a few reasons why Tetra as a company is on a slipping down fall the operation management positions you have choose at some facilities is a major problem. I have worked in 5 different locations in my 10 years with the company and seen so much waste and unnessary spending. Some of these facilities need so much housekeeping I would be ashamed to bring one of my customers in for a walk around. As a manager i would not allow these things to occur at my place of operation.

Other Employee Reviews for TETRA Technologies

"Good for resume experience"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Spring, TX

I worked at TETRA Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office is nice; coworkers were nice to work with

Cons

Management is not great at communication; downturn in economy and market caused pay cuts.

"Field Tech"

I have been working at TETRA Technologies full-time

Pros

Company truck, health insurance, fairly steady work

Cons

No incentives to go above and beyond. No structure for promotions, it is a bunch of buddy buddy. Higher ups are more interested in padding their pockets than they are taking care of employees. Pay is terrible and you get what you pay for.

Advice to Management

With subpar pay, at least develop your employees, quit waiting for grants to do training, if an employee asks for a course and it makes sense to his/her job then figure out a way to let them do it. Don't promise bonus' and then decide not to give them because times are tough.