TETRA Technologies - Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TETRA Technologies

"Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company."

Current Employee - Field Supervisor
Current Employee - Field Supervisor

Pros

Tetra is a great company to be employed by for the most part. Tetra provides a very good benefit package and have many hard working field personal, as a supervisor i have worked with many different people from different locations and on a 1-10 score of the field people i worked with i rate the employees at a 9.

Cons

I have more then 10 years service with the company and have seen good times and bad times. During the past few years i have seen many bad choices for management positions, we have managers running our field operations who have no ideal what we even do in the field and have never had any field experiance. As an Ex District Manager I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Even as a District Manager i went to the field checked on my jobs, employees, and helped rig up jobs as well. Overall i think Tetra as a strong company with growth abilities should recognize and offer promotion to the experianced and hard working employees who really know the job and provide the bread and butter for the upper management.

Advice to Management

Management, You should do a field survey to each facilitiy and see a few reasons why Tetra as a company is on a slipping down fall the operation management positions you have choose at some facilities is a major problem. I have worked in 5 different locations in my 10 years with the company and seen so much waste and unnessary spending. Some of these facilities need so much housekeeping I would be ashamed to bring one of my customers in for a walk around. As a manager i would not allow these things to occur at my place of operation.

Other Employee Reviews for TETRA Technologies

1. "Shared Services/IT Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at TETRA Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, plenty of variation in tasks to prevent boredom, decent benefits package

Cons

Company thinks of employees as cogs rather than people. Decisions are made based on outdated information.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your greatest asset. Treat them as such.

2. "TETRA is positioned to survive this down cycle"

Current Employee - Plug & Abandonment Supervisor in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Plug & Abandonment Supervisor in Houma, LA

Pros

Decent benefits package. Generally a good work rotation (14/14 or 14/7). Most people left here have been with the division for 10+ years. If you work hard, apply yourself, show commitment and set attainable goals you can succeed here.

Cons

Not many. TETRA tends to hand on to bad apples a bit too long. Communication between the field personnel and management has lacked quite a bit since the down cycle of the industry has begun.

Advice to Management

Expand services. Cross-Train personnel into other TETRA Service Lines, this not only benefits the employees waiting to go to work, but also builds a stronger, more well-rounded employee base. Additionally, when one business segment is busy and one is slow, this will allow TETRA to use personnel already on payroll & not hire personnel for one department when another department is struggling.