THE EXPERTS - The Experts Inc is a wonderful company to work with. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for THE EXPERTS

"The Experts Inc is a wonderful company to work with."

Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at THE EXPERTS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are very open minded and are always open to suggestions, improvements and idea to make the company better. They are real human beings and the management does not treat you like you are underneath them. They respect and value everyone within their organization.

Cons

Not many cons. At times like with any relationship we can all begin to take each others roles for granted.

Advice to Management

Remain open mined and continue to value and praise your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for THE EXPERTS

"Sys Admin"

Former Contractor - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Former Contractor - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Belvoir, VA

I worked at THE EXPERTS as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands off management!
    Good pay increases!

Cons

No reimbursement of travel expenses.

"A Money-centric work mill, with no real care for the employee"

Former Employee - Administrative Technician in Vicenza (Italy)
    Former Employee - Administrative Technician in Vicenza (Italy)

I worked at THE EXPERTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The contract they'd won along with GDIT with DoDDS-Europe.
    2. Initial impression, versus previous contract holder and thus my employer, CSC, seemed very pro-employee and supportive.
    3. Required and paid for ITIL-Basic level certification.
    4. Encouraged to be the senior IT advisor to the school, be pro-active on IT matters, work independently.
    5. Highly rewarding work: every contact with the teaching staff was rewarding, as every contact was a success for us both, even problems which some might term "stupid questions." I was there to help the teachers be more effective with their time with their students by eliminating IT their IT problems, no matter how simple they might seem; not to critique their IT skills.

Cons

1. Poor communication with employees: late pay several times and not in accordance with promised pay date. Later, we learned they were selling their contract to a new contractor, and said the pay aberrations were due to this.
    2. No attempt to Hire American. (The primary employees were Romanians, who were sub-contracted with no benefits, likely due to labor laws in the European Union, as the jobs were all for US schools on US-funded "NATO" bases in the E.U.)
    3. This Vet-owned company makes no attempt to hire Vets. New employees are found by the local managers, with no participation with the company HQ, and no advertising by the company HQ in areas likely to be used by Vets for jobs. Jobs are ideal for vets with even minimal IT background.
    4. Their contract paid the same rate whether entry level or multi-certified and experienced IT professionals.
    5. Ineffective HR: 4 months after I resigned, I still had never been clearly terminated by their HR; never received COBRA info. I just recently received a renewed Health Insurance card!
    6. My reason for resignation: I had requested Leave Without Pay for the school winter break, when the school was closed. There was NO work to do. The company--despite endorsement by all my coworkers, the operational chain in my local region and by the program manager--refused, citing unfairness. The contract was Firm Fixed Price, all monies were paid in advance (allegedly), the government required no time accounting, so the company would not have been hurt monetarily. As I told the company upon being hired, IF no operational need existed, time off during school holidays was important, the (relatively-low) wages were not. I was the most highly experienced and most-certified employee on this contract, an Army retiree, willing to work for almost-entry wages, just to be with my wife who was a school employee in this overseas location. 7. I was replaced by an entry level person with no work experience, thus hurting the client.

Advice to Management

Cherish your employees; work with their needs, communicate closely. They will support you and cherish you.