THINK Together - Not what they seem! | Glassdoor

"Not what they seem!"

Current Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the kids, school staff and site staff, holiday pay, Christmas Special Holiday pay, getting experience.

Cons

Little to no praise from upper management, they change policies and procedures yearly (sometimes mid-year) and expect quick adaptation, pay is way too low for the amount of workload, upper management reprimands and expects change for improvement but does not give much support to assist with said change, you must be almost completely self sufficient in writing lessons, scheduling, and all other admin tasks, very little training is given to new hires especially the part time staff, no job advancement opportunities unless you are willing to work a ridiculous amount of hours, is difficult working here and having any kind of life outside of work (particularly if you're married and/or have kids.

Advice to Management

Praise your staff at least once a week, stop trying to chane things so much (it confuses the students and parents).

Other Employee Reviews for THINK Together

"Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Sub PL in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Sub PL in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think working here you will get alot of experience with many different things. For example, working for THINK Together you get experience not only managing a class room but also how to manage time well.

Cons

You definitely need to be patient. This job is and can be difficult, especially for a sub. As a sub you have to build relationships in a very short amount of time, and alot of the time children take advantage that you are a sub.

"Poor organization and thought processes going on at the top level."

Current Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The kids are great. I've landed a supportive site so my pros all relate to the school I'm located at and not Think Together.

Cons

For the second time this year, payday fell on a Sunday and I didn't get paid until Monday. Illegal. They pay a salary to work 9a-6p but the program ends at 6p which means kids aren't picked up until then. Often parents are late which bumps that time even further and by the time cleaning is done, it's often 7 before I'm off. They expect me to create a month long program on a very tiny budget of about $2 per child in my program. $2 power month! They are trapped in the last century when it comes to paperwork. I have to make so many trips to the hub to drop off forms that could easily be emailed.

Advice to Management

Hire a better payroll department. Change working hours to accommodate late parents, cleaning, etc. (Especially since we're being switched to hourly now to "save money" even though legally you're going to spend more money because overtime is going to get very expensive. Increase the monthly budget if you want our programs to flourish. Stop holding pointless meetings that take up prep time when you can just as easily send an email.