TIBCO Software - hard to find a better company to work for... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software

"hard to find a better company to work for..."

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family.
- lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around
- senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level
- product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons

- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday...

- there

Advice to Management

continue doing what you have been doing....

Other Employee Reviews for TIBCO Software

"All in who you know"

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The commission checks (when they eventually decided to pay them) are pretty decent.

Cons

They dangle the carrot of commission checks in front of you, then come up with some reason or another as to why they can't pay them when they agreed they would. That's on the corporate level. On the interdepartmental level of Spotfire itself, it's all in who you know. For the sales team, you're either related to who's in charge or you made friends at the latest AAISP event. Skills do not matter, as long as you are what's hot and trending according to the inside sales "professionals."

Their business model is unsustainable, and they have no idea how to address it. They're simply throwing last years ideas at this years problems.

2. "Mostly excellent managers who have given me a fantastic amount of leeway to do my job the way I see fit."

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent manager. Have been able to move to different roles over a long time at the company. Company focus on the customer has led us to continue to enlarge the business over many years.

Cons

Departmental silos, and even silos within departments hinder opportunities for even greater success. Management knows this is an issue, but it isn't a top priority, so it usually takes someone with a lot of motivation to overcome what should be a simple problem.

Advice to Management

Build a stronger culture for cooperating and innovating across different organizational silos.