TJ Maxx - Slave Labor | Glassdoor
  1. "Slave Labor"

Former Employee - Associate in Evansville, IN

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Union, Insurance, Job stability if you can stand the job

Cons

Union so have to build up seniority before you can transfer positions within the company, lots of work and push numbers for little pay, no training once so ever just hand you your tools and expect you to know what to do with them, they have they're own vocabulary which sounds kind of weird but as a waitress and coming into a warehouse knowing nothing about what I'm supposed to be doing its a little stressful when you...

TJ Maxx2012-06-01
  1. "Key Carrier for a Mid volume store"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Denton, TX

I have been working at TJ Maxx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great full time benefits, life, health, dental, vision ect. Yearly raise, lots of opportunity to promote within the company, The company has a deep focus on developing their associates.

Cons

Its retail, so your work schedule requires open availability and most weekends you are working. Must be on call at all times, if they call you go.

Advice to Management

Management, instead of giving low producing stores less money to pay their associates and there for less man power during open hours. How about going side by side with management to see if the issue is moral, productivity, merchandise flow ect. Basically I would like to see district staff spend a few days with stores just watching or even doing the things we have to do on a day to day basis.

TJ Maxx2019-06-17
  2. "Great short term >5 years"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Off on major holidays, hours arent too long and strenuous, can wear pretty everyday clothes

Cons

can become redundant, pay isn't great for living off of if needing to pay major bills, hours get cut often.

TJ Maxx2019-06-25

Discover more reviews about TJ Maxx.