TJ Maxx - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are pretty good about giving time off when requested in time. Give quarterly raises based on improvement, reliability, and customer service ability. The associates are very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

The biggest problem I had with this company is the way they do the attendance. When you clock in one minute late they write that in your chart. They treat you as if you were an hour late, and there have been plenty of times that I have had to clock in late because they like to take their time opening the doors to let me in. My manager has told me that she does not know how long it may take her to get to the door, which it should never take more than two minutes but has taken them fifteen, so I should leave even earlier. I already arrive five to ten minutes early ninety percent of the time.

Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx

1. "A Fair Employer"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is fair, scheduling is fair, there is some room for advancement considering the unemployment rate in Portland, OR. The store is clean and neat, and coworkers are friendly.

Cons

Not enough hours (like 20 a week), a somewhat paranoid working atmosphere, FECs don't get paid enough, there isn't much money for raises. Employee theft by coworkers means that the rest of us are worried about being suspected by management. It is hard to feel secure here.

Hawking the credit cards can make some customers rude and even insulting, it is hard to make them understand that we are just doing our jobs. Some people just don't like you, and get all up in your face about it.

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement will make your employees loyal to you and the company.

"Love it"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TJ Maxx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! Benefits are good, customers are great and job keeps you busy, making for a quick day.

Cons

Freight flow could be better, so it is more likely to get out the same day.

Advice to Management

always remember to take care of your employees and they will take care of you. their families are #1, job is always #2.