TJX Companies - Overall good company just needs organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

"Overall good company just needs organization"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Specialist
Former Employee - Loss Prevention Specialist

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, compensation fair about life issues

Cons

lack of communication within departments

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies

1. "Easy Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Cashier
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Cashier

Pros

It was incredibly easy to get a job here. I filled out an application, went home to take a nap, then they called and asked if I could come back in to talk with them. So I went, talked with the manager (not even a real interview), he talked with me about how the job is, what my duties are, etc. I was told to come back in that week and started right away. The best part about the job was that if you do something good they give you a scratch ticket with different levels of points on them and you add up the points to get something special, like a gift card to the store. Instead of punishing you for something bad, they encourage you to do good. Most of the time it's teenagers working there which was fun to have kids my age there at the time. If you're an adult, it might be annoying, haha.

Cons

The managers were stressed a lot of the time. It seemed like a lot of things stressed them out and I had to remind them that it was just Homegoods and not to be so uptight. Some managers would be on constant power trips. Customer service gets really repetitive and I had to stand for hours at a time. There are more returns than you could ever imagine at this store, because their policy is to take everything back.

Advice to Management

Maybe to just not be so stressed and make it a more fun and friendly work environment. Other than that, no complaints.

2. "It's a job"

Pros

Good balance of work and home life
    Good benefits package - although it seems costly
    Good training programs and excellent initial oversight

Cons

Management are very quick to point out shortcomings and seem to have a harder time finding areas to praise. .

Advice to Management

Compliments are free - management doesn't seem encourage to praise and appreciate their employees.