TJX Companies - Progressive and Busy...!!! | Glassdoor

"Progressive and Busy...!!!"

Current Employee - Member of I T in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Member of I T in Framingham, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work. It's been a pleasure to work with everyone I've interacted with at all levels. All the amenities make for a great day at work every day. Promotions are regular and the more responsibilities you take on the more empowered you become. The benefits are the best in the state. Everything is covered.

Cons

Really no "Cons" to put down. Your day is what you make of it...!!! Of course you do not want to put too much noise in your head about the amount of work you have, or that you're having a bad day because the traffic in and out of the office, etc, etc... We all go through our ups and downs every day no matter where you work.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep up the great work and keep helping the community as you always have. Keep all your reports well informed of all the work involved in the projects coming their way, and encourage everyone to acquire more and more knowledge in the skills that help them grow every day. In other words, always be a friendly mentor worthy of admiration.

Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies

"Do NOT take a position as a Contractor in IT"

Former Contractor - Contract Project Manager in Framingham, MA
    Former Contractor - Contract Project Manager in Framingham, MA

I worked at TJX Companies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Better pay than unemployment benefits.

Cons

- You will be treated as a 2nd class citizen (e.g., LAN password reset requires a F/T employee on the line to vouch for you, even though you've called from within the building, the entrance to which is manned by a security guard and requires a badge scan; excluded from email distributions for wide scale communications such as an office closing due to weather).

- Miniscule work space

- You will NEVER receive an increase in compensation.

- If you are offered an opportunity to "flip" to full-time, it will be at a compensation level well below what is commensurate for your experience and skill level.

- Most fractured, dysfunctional, and process-laden organization I have experienced in my 35 year career. Ideal breeding ground for dead weight and fiefdoms throughout the F/T staff. Governments and unions should conduct studies here to improve their inefficiency techniques.

- PMO and IT Finance throw processes and "tools" 'over the wall' without regard for their efficiency, effectiveness or coordination.

Advice to Management

Treat professionals accordingly.

"don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

don't need a lot of college

Cons

They fired the president of TJMaxx and pulled the good one from Marshalls to take his place. Now they are copying Target, Walmart etc in merchandising instead of doing what was already right. They are making a ton of money yet being cheap with associates.

Advice to Management

Watch who you are promoting!!!!They don't have "your" best interest at heart they are looking to get a head. You have some really wrong people in places of power.