TJX Companies - Great business model. The company truly values and respects their associates . | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

"Great business model. The company truly values and respects their associates ."

Current Employee - Buyer II
Current Employee - Buyer II

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge growth year after year provides a ton of opportunity for personal growth and responsibility . Associates are given the training support and autonomy to do their jobs effectively .

Cons

Base salary low compared to the competition but bonuses can be good in strong sales years .

Advice to Management

Don't ever stray from the business model and culture , it works !!

Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies

"Community Relations Specialist Review"

Former Employee - Community Relations Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Community Relations Specialist in Framingham, MA

I worked at TJX Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work was fairly interesting, although I would finish all of it within 2 hours and then have 6 hours with nothing to do. My boss got upset with me and trained me to stretch it out for 8 hours, which was excruciating to do. The building is beautiful. It is easy to get to... Exit 13 off the Mass Pike and turn left after the toll..... Nice co-workers. Modern technology at your disposal. Lunch in the cafeteria was delicious. Getting to meet influential people in the Boston area (as part of community outreach initiatives). Attending corporate-to-retail conferences.

Cons

Micro-management; no potential for growth. I interned there for 6 months. After 6 months of great performance reviews, I asked my boss for a raise. (Was making $15 / hour with no benefits). He said he couldn't authorize it - talk to his boss. So I did. After a 10 minute conversation about BS small talk, his boss finally dropped the PC/corporate crap long enough to intimate to me that I would have to wait around for 3-4 YEARS before being considered a full-time employee because my boss's department was not ready to expand. The man wanted to keep me at an intern level for FOUR years.... I gave my 2 weeks' notice immediately.

Advice to Management

Make growth opportunities possible for employes. PAY BETTER! This is BOSTON. It's not CHEAP to live here. Your company grosses multiple millions per year. Invest some in your people... (A novel idea!). Loosen up the dress code a little bit. I get it... you're a clothing retailer, but I got tired of listening to my boss tell me how amazing his $3,000 suit was as I sat there in a pair of cheap dress pants, a button-down shirt, and tie. I would rather be wearing khakis, a polo shirt, and sandals in the summer.

2. "Values"

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TJ Maxx has a solid foundation in believing in treating people with dignity and respect. Providing people with support and training is a top priority.

Cons

Work life balance it great. If you are willing to relocate promotions are available to those who qualify.