TMG Health - Unorganized, unprofessional, chaotic | Glassdoor

"Unorganized, unprofessional, chaotic"

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Jessup, PA
Current Employee - Claims Processor in Jessup, PA

I have been working at TMG Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home, flexible hours. In house pros: great facility complete with it's own food service (delicious!), numerous conference rooms and break areas, walking path with beautiful views. Often there are giveaways for numerous events which creates a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Remote: email is main communication = no face-to-face communication (this could be a pro, too!) In house: cubbies are very small, building is at capacity and everyone is crammed in there like sardines, noisy
Speaking for the department I currently work in, it's very disorganized and unprofessional. No one knows what is going on (including supervisors/managers) and decisions on policies/procedures seem to be made by the flip of a coin. Work quality and quantity is expected to be top notch, but do NOT expect to get paid fairly in return. The system is always slow - get used to it!

Advice to Management

I'd be highly surprised if upper management took any advice from this. From what I've been told by management, it doesn't matter if we're underpaid - we are not top priority. Seems a little backwards to me. Treat your employees fairly and they'll be more likely to produce the results you're looking for. Treat them like they're just another number and that they're easily replaceable, you'll end up with disgruntled employees that take no pride in their work because, honestly, why bother.

Other Employee Reviews for TMG Health

"Just "OK", has gone downhill since layoff a couple years ago."

Former Employee - Home in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Home in Scranton, PA

I worked at TMG Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from home with small children at home was very helpful.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement monetarily if you work from home. No paid vacations.

"Worst company to work for. Ever."

I have been working at TMG Health full-time

Pros

Medical benefits
    Ability to WFH as needed

Cons

Poor management
    Horrible work life balance
    Complete disorganization and silos between departments
    Politics, politics, politics
    Inadequate resource allocation company wide, but IT could be the worst dept
    0 job training available
    Unreasonable work expectations, "Finish this entire project by EOD." - at 4:30 pm
    Never improves any processes, Senior leader advised that process improvements are for large scale companies, not TMG

Advice to Management

The retention rate should be a clue that something isn't right at this company, but that doesn't seem to bother management. My advice would be to take a really close look at this company before you don't have a company to manage.