TMI Hospitality - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TMI Hospitality

"Great company to work for!"

I worked at TMI Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have good benefits, great values, earn vacation per pay period, and they really value their employees.

Cons

The only con that I had working here was the lack of promotional opportunities in my area. However if I wanted to move a couple hours away I would have had more. It just wasn't feasible for me and my small children.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for TMI Hospitality

1. "Local management on property maybe fine, but watch TMI upper management. Cut throat. Ruthless."

Former Employee - Sales in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Peoria, IL

I worked at TMI Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local hotel and that's about it

Cons

Low pay. They hire inexperienced people and train them minimally. High turnover for housekeeping and front desk. The company is growing and the bottom line is ALL IMPORTANT, not the people. Google Gary Tharaldson and you will see the basis for this company and it's structure. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Advice to Management

Local management: don't be fooled, you are overworked and underpaid.

2. "Just say no"

Pros

I can not think of any Pros. The company is selling to another party and the ESOP program goes away.. on the other hand, at least they will pay it out to the people who are working their and will fully vest any associate employed at the time of pay out. Down side is, it will take up to a year or more to finalize and pay it out.

Cons

Long hours, significantly lower pay than industry standard for area, little support from upper management, lucky to get a day off or heaven forbid a vacation and micro-managed to the point of front desk and even managers having to do laundry because they don't want to hire full time laundry person.

Advice to Management

Spend a week running a hotel at the lower levels (ie: front desk, laundry and housekeeping)