TMX Finance Family of Companies - The worst job I've ever had. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TMX Finance Family of Companies

"The worst job I've ever had."

Current Employee - District Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - District Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slightly better then being unemployed-as long as it remains legal in your state or city. It's currently illegal in 31 states, numerous cities, and has growing legal concerns across the country. Many states and cities, where it's not already illegal, are trying to pass legislation making it illegal.

Cons

Run don't walk away from this opportunity. Don't believe the promises of great income and promotions. Your supervisors today will likely not be your supervisors in the future and their promises are only true for 5-10% of the people receiving them. I had to repo a cancer patient car because she could work enough, do to chemo, to make her payments. Now she takes the bus to chemo and work. You can't wash this stuff off when you get home from a hard day's work.

Advice to Management

Join the Center for Responsible Lending and admit lending poor people money at 200% APR is not ethical or helping them. Stop trying to teach your employees they are helping their communities and don't make promises you know you won't be keeping.

Other Employee Reviews for TMX Finance Family of Companies

"This is not a company I would send my enemy to work in! Do NOT come to this company!"

Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries are good and so are benefits

Cons

Run...don't walk away from this company! I am unsure if I can truly articulate what a horrible working environment this was. Three years ago the employee turnover rate was 67% and in 2013 the rate dropped to 46%. With turnover rates this high, this company will not survive long. Upper management rules by fear and intimidation, blames the field for the failure of any products, sets unrealistic sales goals and does not care about anything except hitting goals and makes that very clear. In January, a product was rolled out that increased some of our customer's payments by 200-300%! No notice was given to the prior customers and employees were told to tell these customers that they either pay it or have another company buy us out! Managers are expected to work as long as it takes to get the job done including working until 9pm and some were forced to work until midnight. Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves. In one district, 5 employees quit with no notice in less than 2 weeks due to the working environment. Managers who raised issues to the HR department were told that their concerns were taken to upper management and there was no more they could do. I could go on and on with specific examples but hopefully the information I have shared along with others, will give you enough information to make an informed decision.

Advice to Management

Learn how to operate with integrity would be my first suggestion. Include your employees in decisions or obtain their feedback. Engage the workforce in making the company better. Many great ideas come from the employees in the field.

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Carrollton, TX

I worked at TMX Finance Family of Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base compensation is good and benefits are on par with any other company.

Cons

Do not be lured by money. Company chews you up and spits you out (or you leave on your own). No vision or strategy. No people-management skills. Most of the people in the building have joined less than a year ago and most are planning on leaving or are extremely dissatisfied. Management has no idea how to treat people with respect. They left Alpharetta because they got such a bad reputation that no one wanted to join the company. They are building the same reputation in Carrollton, TX.

Advice to Management

Tracy needs to see whats going on in Carrollton or he will have to move yet again to another location.