TNTP - Positive non profit experience with group of people who share the same focus | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TNTP

"Positive non profit experience with group of people who share the same focus"

I have been working at TNTP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are generous. One of the few places that embrace working virtually and build infrastructure to support it. Very clear mission. Very open communication and knowledge sharing. Most everyone is passionate about the mission, focused, and very smart.

Cons

A lot of travel for some positions. Many people hired as their second job after teaching so there is a lack of experienced managers and business people. Formal message of 50+hr/ work week

Advice to Management

Expand scope beyond urban schools

Other Employee Reviews for TNTP

"somewhat painful to work there, but I miss the people and culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at TNTP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

smart, passionate people at all levels, and a strong HR-focused culture with good communication

Cons

Expectation of 60 hour work weeks, often more. The operations teams (IT, Finance) were run by C-level incompetents, so the teams were always a pain to work with despite some very good people in them, and it was frequently unavoidable to have to deal with their lack of top-level leadership. It seemed that the CEO, despite being such a smart and caring person, lacked a mind for choosing operational leaders.

Advice to Management

hire a COO to fix all the ops problems

"Great Opportunity with a Great Company"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at TNTP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing mission, really talented colleagues, top tier leadership is very invested, accessible and open to ideas/voices no matter your level within the organization. The environment is data driven and folks are not afraid to do the hard work of changing things if change will ultimately help kids. I tripled my skill set and knowledge base with everything that I learned during my time w/ the company. I also made professional connections along the way that have been priceless in terms of growth and development, as well as super helpful in helping with my transition into a new role. Salary and benefits were also some of the most generous of my career.

Cons

work life balance and completely unplugging

Advice to Management

I feel it would be helpful for senior management to really have an idea of what happens on a daily basis on sites so that you have a true sense of why work life balance is so hard to achieve and you have a pulse on other issues that may be small at first but end up larger.