TNTP Teaching Fellows - Loved my experience at TNTP, would not be where I am without it! | Glassdoor
  1. "Loved my experience at TNTP, would not be where I am without it!"

Former Employee - Fellow

I worked at TNTP Teaching Fellows full-time for less than a year

Pros

The summer I spent with Roots LA under TNTP was hands down one of the best experiences of my life! It was certainly a tough 6 weeks in that I had to work very hard and learn a lot of material in a short period of time, but it was worth it in the end. The amount of knowledge and confidence I am taking away from this program is amazing, and I truly feel like the field experience I got reinforced my passion for teaching. We were matched with a mentor teacher during the program who was a master teacher in whatever subject we were teaching, and got to co-teach for four weeks in an actual summer school classroom. During our field experience, we got constant feedback from our mentor teachers on how to improve, how to lesson plan efficiently, and how to overall be the best teacher we can be. The last two weeks of the program included visits from charter schools, who watched us as we taught, and then invited the ones they saw potential in to interview for teaching positions at their schools after graduation. Overall, this summer was one of the best well spent for me, and I would not be where I am without it!

Cons

This is a program that requires a lot of commitment during it's 6-week duration, and a lot of time will be spent receiving constructive feedback and working to improve.

TNTP Teaching Fellows2020-02-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Teaching with teachNOLA"

Current Employee - Teacher in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at TNTP Teaching Fellows full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good development and additional support for Black teachers

Cons

Intense summer training and hard work

Continue reading
    TNTP Teaching Fellows2020-03-04
  2. "Great Experience, a Lot of Work"

Former Employee - Teaching Fellow in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at TNTP Teaching Fellows part-time for less than a year

Pros

Establish Connection Great Career Opportunities Superb Skill/Resume Builder Connections to Students

Cons

Large Time Commitment High Workload A Lot to Learn in a Short Period

TNTP Teaching Fellows2020-02-19

Discover more reviews about TNTP Teaching Fellows.